Here's Every GM Candidate the Steelers Have Officially Interviewed So Far
It's been a busy offseason for the Pittsburgh Steelers so far. Back in January, it was revealed that general manager Kevin Colbert would be stepping down from his role following the 2022 NFL Draft.
The Steelers have been working hard to find Colbert's replacement, resulting in them interviewing seven candidates as of Saturday. Needless to say, it's tough to keep track of everyone interviewed, so here's a look at who Pittsburgh has interviewed so far.
Steelers General Manager
As of Saturday, Feb. 19, here's a look at the seven names the Steelers have interviewed for their general manager position:
- Ryan Cowden (Tennessee Titans vice president of player personnel)
- Ed Dodds (Indianapolis Colts vice president of player personnel)
- Morocco Brown (Colts director of college scouting)
- JoJo Wooden (Los Angeles Chargers director of player personnel)
- John Wojciechowski (Green Bay Packers co-director of player personnel)
- Dan Morgan (Carolina Panthers assistant general manager)
- John Spytek (Tampa Bay Buccaneers vice president of player personnel)
A quick look at the list shows that the Steelers are clearly doing their due diligence before settling on a choice. There's a variety of age and experience involved in the search, so it'll be interesting to see which direction Pittsburgh goes with.
Another name rumored to be under consideration is ESPN broadcaster Louis Riddick. The Steelers announced on Feb. 8 that they would be interviewing Riddick for the job, but no one has reported as to whether or not the interview has happened yet.
Nevertheless, Pittsburgh has made it clear that a new general manager announcement won't be made until after the 2022 NFL Draft. With just over two months to find the new replacement, only time will tell if the Steelers get it right.
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. The views expressed in his articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.