Monday night is full of quality college basketball games across the country, but the only one featuring two ranked teams is in the state of Virginia. Virginia Tech welcomes bitter rival Virginia to Blacksburg for a matchup between the No. 22 Hokies and No. 4 Cavaliers.
Despite being at home, Virginia Tech is currently 5.5-point underdogs to UVA on the FanDuel Sportsbook. When these two teams played in Charlottesville earlier in the year, UVA came out on top, 81-59, completely stifling Virginia Tech's offense.
Virginia vs Virginia Tech Prediction
Reminder, here are my #FadeTheNoise picks for tonight's CBB slate:— Brad Evans (@YahooNoise) February 18, 2019
Illinois +10 (Naturally)
UNDER 131 K-State/WVU
Do the opposite, score enough cash for that Bahamas vacation home.
157-131-8 ATS on the year pic.twitter.com/ZtysVHNuig
Brad Evans of Yahoo likes the Cavs to cover in this game.
Sports Chat Place
Sports Chat Place likes Virginia to cover the spread due to Virginia Tech's poor play of late and the fact that its missing point guard
Derek Patrick - TheSpread.com
In-state rivals will meet tonight when the fourth-ranked #Virginia Cavaliers play at the 22nd-ranked #VirginiaTech Hokies. Is Virginia going to dominate the matchup just as it did last month when it easily covered the spread? https://t.co/94Jghs4z5U— TheSpread.com (@TheSpread) February 18, 2019
Derek Patrick of TheSpread believes Virginia Tech covers the spread and possibly even wins. He likes the Hokies high-powered offense being able to offset Virginia's spectacular defense and sees a slow-paced game that comes down to the final possessions.
Big Cat and El Pres are both backing UVA -5, which is dangerous according to them.
ESPN Basketball Power Index Matchup Predictor
While our experts are split, the raw numbers favor the Cavaliers in this matchup. According to the ESPN Basketball Power Index, Virginia has a 62.8 percent chance to win this game to just 37.2 percent for the Hokies.
So that's 3-of-4 predictions going Virginia's way with the spread and one for Virginia on the moneyline. Virginia Tech and Virginia tip off at 7 p.m. Monday night
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.
Ian McCafferty is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Ian McCafferty also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username itmccaff. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.