Independence Bowl Game Info
Duke Blue Devils (7-5) vs. Temple Owls (8-4)
Date: Thursday, Dec. 27, 2018
Time: 1:30 p.m EST
Independence Bowl Betting Info
All betting odds, lines and props via FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline: DUKE: (+165) | TEM: (-195)
Spread: DUKE: +4 (-115) | TEM: -4 (-105)
Total: 55 | Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: DUKE: (54%) | TEM: (46%)
Independence Bowl Betting Trends & Stats
- The Independence Bowl marks the first time these two programs will play against one another.
- Duke went 6-6 ATS this season but went 5-0 ATS as underdogs.
- Temple was tied for 10th best in the nation at 8-4 ATS this season and a respectable 5-3 ATS when favored to win.
- This is Duke's 14th all-time bowl appearance and sixth in the past seven years, but it is their first trip to the Belk Bowl.
-Temple is 3-4 all-time in bowls and lost their only bowl against an ACC opponent.
Each Team's Best Win
- Duke: vs. Northwestern Wildcats (21-7) - Oct. 6
Independence Bowl Prop Bets
- Home Team (Temple) Total Points: Over 29 – Temple put up 40 or more points in three of its last four games, including putting up 40 on No. 8 UCF. Duke, meanwhile, gave up 35 points or more in three of its final four games, including a 59-7 loss to Wake Forest in its season finale.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.
Mike Esposito is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Mike Esposito also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username espo6891. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.