Cover Photo: Chris Graythen/Getty Images


Drew Brees is already far and away the best quarterback in New Orleans Saints history. He has the team record for passing yards, passing touchdowns, interceptions, completions, quarterback rating and just about every other stat you could think of. He's been doing it for years and somehow in 2018, he's been even better. 

But the real unbelievable stat is when you take a closer look at his passing touchdowns. 


Brees has 437 passing touchdowns as a member of the Saints. In the Saints 52-year history, there have been 1,110 touchdowns thrown, which means that Brees has currently accounted for 39.4 percent of all Saints touchdowns ever thrown. If he throws another 12 touchdowns before anyone else on the Saints does, he'll hit 40 percent of all touchdowns thrown for New Orleans. 

It's hard to explain how utterly absurd this stat is. The Saints have been around since 1967. Brees has only played for them since 2006. That's 40 percent of the teams passing touchdowns in 13 years and the other 60 percent over 39 years.


Brees will have a chance to throw a few of the touchdowns he needs to reach 40 percent Thursday night against the Dallas Cowboys as the Saints attempt to improve to 11-1.


Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.


Ian McCafferty is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Ian McCafferty also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username itmccaff. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.