Date: Saturday, Nov. 10
Time: 3:30 p.m. EST
Location: Kinnick Stadium - Iowa City, IA
How Gary Barnett turned around Northwestern by pointing at Iowa, and how the series became a heated rivalry in the process. https://t.co/OUm5fRy7wn— Scott Dochterman (@ScottDochterman) November 9, 2018
Odds: According to FanDuel Sportsbook
Moneyline: NW: +320 | IOWA: -420
Spread: CAR: +11 (-105) | PIT: -11 (-115)
Total: 44 | Over (-110) | Under: (-110)
- This is the 79th meeting between Northwestern and Iowa, with the Hawkeyes owning a 49-26-3 all-time edge over the Wildcats.
- Iowa has had plenty of success when their position in the AP Poll is on the line against Northwestern, owning an 8-3-1 record when they're the only ranked team playing in the series. Two of those losses, however, have come within the last 10 years.
- Despite their overwhelming dominance of the series, the Hawkeyes own a 4-6 record in the previous 10 meetings between the two teams.
Best Prop Bets:
- Away Team Total Points Under 16.5 (-110)
Iowa's defense has been absolutely lights-out at Kinnick Stadium this season, allowing opponents to score just 10.4 points against per game. That's pretty amazing on its own, but if you take out their loss to Wisconsin (it dropped 28 points on the Hawkeyes), Iowa is allowing an average of 6 points per game at home.
- Home Team Total Points Under 27.5 (-110)
While Iowa's defense has been rock solid this season, the offense has left much to be desired at home. The Hawkeyes haven't scored more than 23 points against Power Five teams at home this year. Northwestern may be in the middle of the pack defensively, but they've held all but one Big 10 opponent (Nebraska) under 27.5 points this season.
Get $5 with your first deposit on FanDuel. Join Now.
Mike Esposito is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Mike Esposito also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username espo6891. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.