Cover Photo: Harry How/Getty Images
Series Info: Boston Red Sox at Los Angeles Dodgers -- Boston leads series 2-1
- Date: Saturday, October 27
- Time: 8:09 p.m. EST
- Location: Dodger Stadium - Los Angeles, CA
- BOS: Eduardo Rodriguez (Postseason Stats: 6 appearances, 0-0, 4 1/3 innings, 6.23 ERA)
- LAD: Rich Hill (Postseason Stats: 3 appearances, 0-0, 10 1/3 innings, 2.61 ERA)
- Moneyline: Boston Red Sox: +146 | Los Angeles Dodgers: -164
- Spread: Boston Red Sox +1.5 (-154) | Los Angeles Dodgers -1.5 (+136)
- Total: 8.5 - Over: -104 | Under: -112
This game has now taken longer than the game time of the entire 1939 #WorldSeries.— Stats By STATS (@StatsBySTATS) October 27, 2018
That year, the Yankees swept the Reds in four games that took a combined 7:05.
- Last night's game was the longest in World Series history. In fact, it was longer than the entire 1939 World Series between the Cincinnati Reds and New York Yankees.
- 561 pitches were thrown in last night's game.
Best Prop Bets:
- JD Martinez (+250) to Homer - He has always been great against left-handed pitching, and already going 6-for-13 with two doubles, a homer, and seven RBI against them in the postseason. If Rich Hill and even Clayton Kershaw get the brunt of the innings tonight, that's a great look for JD.
- Will the Home Team Bat in the Bottom of the Ninth?: Yes (-108) - I love this prop bet since you get a few different scenarios to take advantage of. Essentially, we're banking on a Red Sox lead or a tie game heading into the ninth, both of which can easily be attained. This whole series has been pretty close, with exception of Eduardo Nunez hitting the three-run homer in Game 1 to put the game out of reach.
Get $5 with your first deposit on FanDuel. Join Now.
Al Walsh is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Al Walsh also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username 14AdotWalsh. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.