Miami Marlins ace Sandy Alcantara (-130) has extended his lead over the past two weeks and is now the clear favorite to win the NL Cy Young award on FanDuel Sportsbook. The Marlins stud gave way to Clayton Kershaw as the National League starter in the All-Star Game at Dodger Stadium, but he's still the frontrunner as the best pitcher in the National League.
All other pitchers chasing Alcantara, other than Max Scherzer, have seen their Cy Young odds drop further during the past two weeks. The 26-year-old Alcantara leads the National League with a 1.71 ERA and he's 9-4 for the losing Marlins. In his last three starts, Sandy is 1-1 while allowing just 12 hits and 2 runs in 23 innings.
For the season, Alcantara has allowed just 92 hits with a .190 batting average against -- third in the NL behind Tony Gonsolin (.168 BAA) and Corbin Burnes (.180 BAA). Burnes has a 2.14 ERA and leads the NL in strikeouts with 144 as the closest chaser with +700 odds to win the NL Cy Young award.
Other leading pitchers trying to catch Alcantara are Joe Musgrove, who is 8-2 with a 2.42 ERA and .205 BAA for the San Diegio Padres, and Max Fried, who's 10-3 with a 2.64 ERA for the Atlanta Braves.
Here's a look at the NL CY Young odds leaders on FanDuel Sportsbook following the July 19 All-Star Game.
2022 NL Cy Young Odds
1. Sandy Alcantara (MIA): -130
2. Corbin Burnes (MIL): +700
3. Joe Musgrove (SD): +1400
4. Max Fried (ATL): +1600
5. Tony Gonsolin (LAD): +1600
6. Carlos Rodon (SF): +1900
7. Zack Wheeler (PHI): +1900
8. Max Scherzer (NYM): +3900
9. Aaron Nola (PHI): +4200
10. Clayton Kershaw (LAD) +5500
11. Logan Webb (SF) +7000
12. Taijuan Walker (NYM) +7000
Most Cy Young Awards
Roger Clemens currently holds the all-time record for most Cy Young awards with seven. He won in 1986, 1987, 1991, 1997, 1998, 2021 and 2004. He is just one of six pitchers to win the Cy Young award in both the NL and AL.
Randy Johnson (5), Greg Maddux (4), Steve Carlton (4), Max Scherzer (3), Clayton Kershaw (3), Pedro Martinez (3), Jim Palmer (3), Tom Seaver (3) and Sandy Koufax (3) are the other pitchers in MLB history to win at least three Cy Youngs.
Cy Young Award Winners
The most recent Cy Young winners were Robbie Ray (AL) and Corbin Burnes (NL) in 2021. Check out the last 10 winners for both leagues below.
- 2021: Robbie Ray (AL) / Corbin Burnes (NL)
- 2020: Shane Bieber (AL) / Trevor Bauer (NL)
- 2019: Justin Verlander (AL) / Jacob deGrom (NL)
- 2018: Blake Snell (AL) / Jacob deGrom(NL)
- 2017: Corey Kluber (AL) / Max Scherzer (NL)
- 2016: Rick Porcello (AL) / Max Scherzer (NL)
- 2015: Dallas Keuchel (AL) / Jake Arrieta (NL)
- 2014: Corey Kluber (AL) / Clayton Kershaw (NL)
- 2013: Max Scherzer (AL) / Clayton Kershaw (NL)
- 2012: David Price (AL) / R.A. Dickey (NL)
When is Cy Young Award Given
An official date for the 2022 Cy Young award has not been revealed yet. Finalists for the BBWA awards were unveiled on Nov. 9 last year, and the winners for the Cy Young were announced on Nov. 17, 2021.