Week 8 Fantasy Football Rankings: Top 30 Players
Seven weeks into the fantasy football season, injuries, busts and bye weeks have shaken up even the most well-drafted teams. Whether you're vying for the No. 1 spot in your league's standings or just fighting to keep your playoff hopes alive, it's important to stay on top of things and put your best lineup forward this week.
With that in mind, here are the top 30 players in fantasy football for Week 8. For a more comprehensive list, be sure to check out our Week 8 PPR rankings and our Week 8 fantasy football rankings for standard scoring leagues.
30. Kenny Golladay, WR, Detroit Lions (vs NYG)
29. Devonta Freeman, RB, Atlanta Falcons (vs SEA)
28. David Johnson, RB, Arizona Cardinals (at NO)
27. Cooper Kupp, WR, Los Angeles Rams (vs CIN)
Cooper Kupp has seen elite volume all season, averaging 11.0 targets and 7.3 receptions per game across seven contests. He's eclipsed 100 yards five times, and this week he's up against a Cincinnati Bengals team that has conceded the NFL's fifth-most adjusted yards per pass attempt.
26. T.Y. Hilton, WR, Indianapolis Colts (vs DEN)
25. Travis Kelce, TE, Kansas City Chiefs (vs GB)
24. Derrick Henry, RB, Tennessee Titans (vs TB)
23. Kerryon Johnson, RB, Detroit Lions (vs NYG)
22. Nick Chubb, RB, Cleveland Browns (at NE)
21. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers (at KC)
20. Tyreek Hill, WR, Kansas City Chiefs (vs GB)
Tyreek Hill's value takes a hit with Patrick Mahomes out, but his elite playmaking ability still gives him huge upside. After Mahomes went down last week, Hill still racked up 74 yards and one touchdown on five targets from Matt Moore, and this week he draws a matchup with a Green Bay Packers defense that ranks in the middle of the pack against the pass.
19. Tyler Lockett, WR, Seattle Seahawks (at ATL)
18. Chris Godwin, WR, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (at TEN)
17. Stefon Diggs, WR, Minnesota Vikings (vs WAS)
16. Deshaun Watson, QB, Houston Texans (vs OAK)
15. Marlon Mack, RB, Indianapolis Colts (vs DEN)
14. Chris Carson, RB, Seattle Seahawks (at ATL)
13. Julio Jones, WR, Atlanta Falcons (vs SEA)
12. Le'Veon Bell, RB, New York Jets (at JAX)
11. Aaron Jones, RB, Green Bay Packers (at KC)
10. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Houston Texans (vs OAK)
9. Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks (at ATL)
8. Todd Gurley, RB, Los Angeles Rams (vs CIN)
7. Leonard Fournette, RB, Jacksonville Jaguars (vs NYJ)
6. Michael Thomas, WR, New Orleans Saints (vs ARI)
Whether the New Orleans Saints get Drew Brees back this week or not, Michael Thomas is the WR1. He's only caught fewer than eight passes in one of seven games this season, also putting up at least 89 receiving yards in six of seven. He leads the NFL with 763 yards through the air, and the Arizona Cardinals have allowed the NFL's eighth-most passing yards per game and fourth-most adjusted yards per pass attempt.
5. Alvin Kamara, RB, New Orleans Saints (vs ARI)
4. James Conner, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers (vs MIA)
3. Christian McCaffrey, RB, Carolina Panthers (at SF)
2. Saquon Barkley, RB, New York Giants (at DET)
1. Dalvin Cook, RB, Minnesota Vikings (vs WAS)
Second among RBs in fantasy production this season, a plus matchup pushes Dalvin Cook over the top as Week 8's top fantasy option. He's averaging a league-leading 103.6 yards per carry on 19.0 rushes per game while adding an average of 31.4 yards on 3.4 receptions per game, and his eight rushing TDs lead the NFL. The Minnesota Vikings are massive 16-point favorites against the Washington Redskins on FanDuel Sportsbook, and we can expect a very run-heavy approach on Thursday night.
Don't forget to check out our full Week 8 fantasy rankings for both PPR leagues and standard scoring leagues.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.
Jason Schandl is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Jason Schandl also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username Jaymun. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.