Reds vs Pirates Prediction, Odds, Moneyline, Spread & Over/Under for May 8
The MLB's Sunday schedule includes the Cincinnati Reds taking on the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Here's everything you need to know before checking out today's MLB odds and spreads on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Reds vs Pirates Game Info
- Cincinnati Reds (4-23) vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (11-14)
- Date: Sunday, May 8, 2022
- Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Venue: Great American Ball Park -- Cincinnati, Ohio
Reds vs Pirates Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: CIN: (-136) | PIT: (+116)
- Spread: CIN: -1.5 (+146) | PIT: +1.5 (-178)
- Total: 8 -- Over: (-118) | Under: (-104)
Reds vs Pirates Probable Starting Pitchers
The starting pitchers are Tyler Mahle (1-4) for the Cincinnati Reds, and Zach Thompson (1-3) for the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Reds vs Pirates Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Reds win (64.6%)
Reds vs Pirates Moneyline
Pittsburgh is a +116 underdog on the moneyline, while Cincinnati is a -136 favorite at home.
Reds vs Pirates Spread
The Pirates are +1.5 on the spread (-178 to cover), and Cincinnati is +146 to cover the runline.
Reds vs Pirates Over/Under
Reds versus Pirates, on May 8, has an over/under of 8, with the over being -118 and the under -104.
Reds vs Pirates Betting Trends
- The Reds have were defeated in both of the games they have played as odds-on favorites this season.
- Cincinnati has yet to play a game this season with better moneyline odds than -136.
- Cincinnati and their opponents have gone over in 15 of their 25 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Pirates have gone 8-12 in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 40% of those games).
- Pittsburgh is 5-11 (winning only 31.2% of its games) when playing as a moneyline underdog of +116 or longer.
- Pittsburgh has played in 25 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 11 times (11-10-4).