Cubs vs Pirates Game Info
Chicago Cubs (45-42, 16-26 Away) vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (42-43, 20-19 Home)
Date: Thursday, July 4, 2019
Time: 4:05 p.m. EST
Venue: PNC Park – Pittsburgh, PA
Cubs vs Pirates Betting Info & Probable Pitchers
All betting lines, odds and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline: CHC: (-116) | PIT: (+102)
Spread: CHC: -1.5 (+134) | PIT: +1.5 (-158)
Total: 9.5 – Over (-108) | Under: (-114)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: CHC: 64% | PIT: 36%
Probable Pitcher: CHC: Jose Quintana (5-7, 4.21 ERA) | PIT: Jordan Lyles (5-4, 3.71 ERA)
Cubs vs Pirates Betting Trends
- The Cubs are 1-5 straight up in their last six games.
- The Cubs are 1-6 straight up in their last seven road games.
- The total has hit the under in four of Pittsburgh's last six games.
- Pittsburgh is 7-0 straight up in its last seven home games.
Cubs vs Pirates Stats
- The Cubs are averaging 5.02 runs per game this season (No. 13 in MLB).
- Pittsburgh is averaging 4.76 runs per game this season (No. 17 in MLB).
- Jose Quintana has a 2-1 record with a 2.31 ERA in six career starts against Pittsburgh.
- Jordan Lyles has a 3-2 record with a 3.59 ERA in 13 career appearances (seven starts) against the Cubs.
Cubs vs Pirates Prop Bet
All Cubs-Pirates betting lines, odds and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Jose Quintana - Strikeouts: Over 3.5 (-166) — Jose Quintana may not be known as a strikeout pitcher, and he certainly hasn't pitched like one in his last five starts, but the total is too low here not to consider this prop bet. Quintana averages 4.56 strikeouts per appearance this season and 5.21 strikeouts per appearance for his career. He's also had success in this category historically against Pittsburgh, with 40 strikeouts in 35 innings pitched.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.
Leo Abbe-Schneider is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Leo Abbe-Schneider also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username leoabbe2. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.