Astros vs Athletics Game Info
Houston Astros (78-46, 35-31 Away) vs. Oakland Athletics (71-52, 40-23 Home)
Date: Sunday, Aug. 18, 2019
Time: 4:07 p.m. EST
Venue: Oakland Coliseum – Oakland, CA
Astros vs Athletics Betting Info & Probable Pitchers
All betting lines, odds and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline: HOU: (-188) | OAK: (+162)
Spread: HOU: -1.5 (-124) | OAK: +1.5 (+106)
Total: 9.5 – Over: (-108) | Under: (-112)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: HOU: 80% | OAK: 20%
Probable Pitcher: HOU: Zack Greinke (2-0, 3.00 ERA) | OAK: Brett Anderson (10-8, 3.95 ERA)
Astros vs Athletics Betting Trends
- Houston is 10-5 straight up in its last 15 games against Oakland.
- Houston is 0-5 straight up in its last five road games.
- Oakland is 5-0 both against the spread (ATS) and straight up in its last five home games.
- Oakland is 5-1 straight up in its last six games.
Astros vs Athletics Stats
- Houston is averaging 5.49 runs per game this season (No. 5 in MLB).
- Oakland is averaging 5.07 runs per game this season (No. 11 in MLB).
- Zack Greinke is 6-2 with a 3.11 ERA in 16 career appearances (12 starts) against the Athletics.
- Brett Anderson is 1-4 with a 6.58 ERA in six career appearances (five starts) against the Astros.
Astros vs Athletics Prop Bet
All Astros-Athletics betting lines, odds and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Strikeouts - Brett Anderson: Under 3.5 (-166) — While this total might seem low at first glance, Anderson has struggled to reach four or more strikeouts lately. Over his last 10 appearances, Anderson has totaled three or fewer Ks in 7 of them, averaging only 2.8 strikeouts per game over that same stretch. As for his competition, the Astros are striking out an MLB-fewest 7.12 times per game this season. Lastly, spanning all 24 of his appearances this season, Anderson has never thrown for more than five strikeouts, notching exactly five Ks in just two of those 24 opportunities.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.
David Hayes is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David Hayes also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username DavidWHayes. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.