Cheez-It Bowl Game Info
TCU Horned Frogs (6-6) vs. California Golden Bears (7-5)
Date: Wednesday, Dec. 26, 2018
Time: 9 p.m. EST
Location: Chase Field – Phoenix, AZ
Cheez-It Bowl Betting Info
All betting odds, lines and props via FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline: TCU: (-110) | CAL: (-110)
Total: 40 | Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: TCU: (64%) | CAL: (36%)
TCU QB Shawn Robinson is planning on transferring, sources confirmed to ESPN. https://t.co/xRvLBh6SL2— ESPN CollegeFootball (@ESPNCFB) December 10, 2018
Cheez-It Bowl Betting Trends & Stats
- TCU has been terrible against the spread at 4-8 ATS, while Cal posted a mediocre 6-5-1 ATS split on the season.
- Cal and TCU will meet for the first time in history in this year's Cheez-It Bowl.
- The Golden Bears are 1-2 against Big 12 teams in bowl games all-time, and TCU is 3-0 against Pac-12 teams in bowl games all-time.
- The Horned Frogs have won six consecutive games against Pac-12 opponents overall, and they've also won nine of their last 12 bowl game appearances.
My new favorite name for a college bowl game is the Cheez-It Bowl.— Jason Fulton (@TheJasonFulton) December 15, 2018
Each Team's Best Win
- TCU: vs. Iowa State (17-14) – Sep. 29
Cheez-It Bowl Prop Bets
- Away Team (TCU) Total: Under 20 Points (-110) – TCU's defense came to play this season, but the offense left much to be desired. The Horned Frogs were unable to score 20-plus points in five of their 12 games this season, all five of which came against Big 12 opponents. Cal comes into this game with the No. 24 scoring defense in the nation (21.2 points per game) and should be a solid matchup for this reeling TCU offense.
⚠️ Justin Wilcox has signed a new five-year contract ⚠️— Cal Football (@CalFootball) December 6, 2018
"I am thrilled to be the head football coach at Cal and have the opportunity to work with quality student-athletes every day. I am excited about our future in Berkeley." pic.twitter.com/ZEhOQWKlWt
- Home Team (California) Total: Under 20 Points (-110) – Both of these teams are built from a similar mold, which is why it's safe to expect this game to be a defensive slugfest. Cal's strong defense carried them to a winning record this season in spite of an offense that averaged 21.2 PPG (No. 109 in the nation). The Horned Frogs have held explosive Big 12 offenses to under 20 points on four occasions this season and look to do the same against a less-talented Golden Bears offense.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.
Mike Esposito is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Mike Esposito also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username espo6891. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.