The fourth and final major of the golf year is upon as as the 150th Open Championship is set to tee of this Thursday, July 14 at the famed St. Andrews in Scotland.
The Open Championship Payout
The total value of the purse for the 2022 Open Championship has been set to $14 million, with the winner set to receive $2.5 million.
The Open Championship Field
The Open Championship Payout History
The winner of the Open Championship has received over $1 million since 2002, but this year's top payout of $2.5 million will be a new record for the highest in tournament history.
Below is a list of Open Championship winners and their payouts dating back the last 10 tournaments.
1. 2021 - Collin Morikawa ($2.07 million)
2. 2019 - Shane Lowry ($1.93 million)
3. 2018 - Francesco Molinari ($1.89 million)
4. 2017 - Jordan Spieth ($1.85 million)
5. 2016 - Henrik Stenson ($1.55 million)
6. 2015 - Zach Johnson ($1.79 million)
7. 2014 - Rory McIlroy ($1.66 million)
8. 2013 - Phil Mickelson ($1.44 million)
9. 2012 - Ernie Els ($1.41 million)
10. 2011 - Darren Clarke ($1.45 million)
David Kaestle is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username davekaestle. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.