The 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games are set to begin on Friday, July 23 and sports fans will be able to put in wagers on a number of different events. That includes seven new Olympic sports. Of course, men's swimming has long been a stapled event at the summer Olympics and this year is no different.
The sport is full of dynamic athletes, and the 800m freestyle is a new Olympic event that drew 28 competitors with a very competitive field at the top.
Men's Swimming 800m Freestyle
Ukraine's Mykhailo Romanchuk holds several freestyle distance national records. The 24-year-old is the slight favorite to take home the gold in this event with odds of +230, according to FanDuel Sportsbook.
Italy's Gregorio Paltrinieri is a proven distance swimmer, and won the gold medal in the 1,500-meter freestyle at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. He's a three-time world champion, and has odds of +300 to win gold in the 800m freestyle.
Here's the list of swimmers with Gold Medal odds in the 800m freestyle on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Men's 800m Freestyle Gold Medal Odds
1. Mykhailo Romanchuk (UKR): +230
2. Gregorio Paltrinieri (ITA): +300
3. Jack McLoughlin (AUS): +380
4. Florian Wellbrock (GER): +550
5. Ayoub Hafnaoui (TUN): +1100
6. Henrik Christiansen (NOR): +1300
7. Gabriele Detti (ITA): +1900
8. David Aubry (FRA): +2300
9. Aleksandr Egorov (ROC): +3400
10. Robert Finke (USA): +5000
11. Serhiy Frolov (UKR): +6000
12. Serhiy Druzhinin (ROC): +6500
13. Felix Aubock (AUT): +9500
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!