Cover Photo: Getty Images
Clemson vs Alabama Game Info
No. 1 Alabama Crimson Tide (14-0) vs. No. 2 Clemson Tigers (14-0)
Date: Monday, Jan. 7, 2019
Time: 8 p.m. EST
Location: Levi's Stadium – Santa Clara, CA
Clemson vs Alabama Betting Info
All betting odds, lines and props are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline: ALA: (-220) | CLEM: (+175)
Spread: ALA: -5.5 (-110) | CLEM: +5.5 (-110)
Total: 58 – Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: ALA: (58%) | CLEM: (42%)
Alabama & Clemson are combined 106-4 last 4 years when not playing each other. If you’re sick of Bama & Clemson in @CFBPlayoff title game, then beat them— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) December 31, 2018
Clemson vs Alabama Betting Trends & Stats
- Monday's College Football Playoff National Championship game will be the fourth meeting in a row between these two programs in the CFP and the third time they'll play in the national title game.
- The Crimson Tide have gone 2-1 in those CFP matchups, and 1-1 in title games against Clemson.
- Clemson and Alabama have posted identical 8-6 records against the spread this season, while the Tigers have hit the over in six of their 14 games and the Crimson Tide have gone 8-5-1 on overs.
- Monday night's Santa Clara weather forecast could be a nasty one, projecting low 50-degree weather and a chance of precipitation at kickoff.
#CollegeFootballPlayoff Title Game Fun Facts— The Duel (@TheDuelSports) January 2, 2019
▪️Neither Trevor Lawrence nor Tua Tagovailoa have lost a game they've played in during their collegiate careers
▪️Dabo Swinney is the only head coach to beat Nick Saban in a national title game
▪️Bama leads the all-time series 14-4
- Alabama has defeated three Top-5 teams and gone 2-1 against the spread in those three games after failing to cover a 14-point spread against No. 4 Oklahoma in the CFP Semifinal.
- The previous two meetings between Alabama and Clemson in the CFP title game have averaged a combined 75.5 points per game, well over the 59.5-point line over/under set for this game.
- Clemson and Alabama have accounted for three of the four CFP titles to date and after this game, they will ultimately have accounted for 80 percent of them all-time.
- The CFP title game is expected to feature more than 20 future 2019 NFL Draft selections between the two teams – a potentially record-breaking number for one game.
Clemson vs Alabama Best Prop Bets
- Away Team (Clemson) Total: Over 26 Total Points (-115) – Granted, Oklahoma had the No. 1 scoring offense in the country heading into the Orange Bowl, and Alabama's defense ultimately gave up 34 points to the Sooners. Clemson's offense has averaged just 4.4 fewer points per game than the Sooners this season, putting them as the No. 4 scoring offense in the country. With points likely to be scored left and right on Monday, look for Clemson to score at least 27 in the title game.
Since 2015,— Dr. Derwin L. Gray (@DerwinLGray) January 1, 2019
Alabama is 55-3 & Clemson is 55-4.
I bet in the off-season, these teams compete in every lift, every drill, & body care.
I bet their culture is a culture of confidence, excellence, a pursuit of detail mastery.
I bet the older players protect the culture.
- Home Team (Alabama) Total: Under 31.5 Points (-105) – The Clemson defense used a 30-3 beatdown over Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl to elevate themselves to the No. 1 scoring defense in the country, allowing just 13.4 points per game. When Alabama faced the No. 2 scoring defense in the country (Mississippi State), they scored just 24 points. While Bama may not reach 33 in this one, they could still end up with more points than their opponent by the final whistle on Monday night.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.
David Hayes is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David Hayes also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username DavidWHayes. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.