The Feb. 20 NBA All-Star Game is approaching, and personnel changes are ahead with the trade deadline on Feb. 10. Recent changes in the MVP race have also drawn headlines, as Joel Embiid has taken over as the new favorite, according to MVP odds on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Embiid (+230) is in a tight race at the top with last year's MVP Nikola Jokic (+330), and two-time league MVPs Giannis Antetokounmpo (+360) and Steph Curry (+450).
Ja Morant (+1000) has continued to move up as well. Both Morant and Embiid were +3000 to win Most Valuable Player just three weeks ago while Jokic was +1500. But Kevin Durant's injury has opened the door for more players to move into major MVP contention.
Embiid has been putting up monstrous stat lines every month and carrying his respective club while surging to the top MVP favorite. Since returning from a stint in the league's health and safety protocols in November, Embiid is averaging 31 points on 51 percent shooting, 11.3 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 1.5 blocks.
Here are the updated Most Valuable Player odds on FanDuel Sportsbook.
1. Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers (+230)
2. Nikola Jokic, Denver Nuggets (+330)
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks (+360)
4. Steph Curry, Golden State Warriors (+450)
5. Ja Morant, Memphis Grizzlies (+1000)
6. Devin Booker, Phoenix Suns (+3600)
7. Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets (+4200)
8. Chris Paul, Phoenix Suns (+4200)
9. DeMar DeRozan, Chicago Bulls (+4600)
10. LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers (+4600)
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!