Santos vs Gordon Fight Info, Date & Time
UFC 278 — Preliminary Card Lightweight Bout
Leo Santos (18-5-1, 3 KO's, 9 Submissions) vs. Jared "Flash" Gordon (18-5-0, 6 KO's, 2 Submissions)
Date: Saturday, Aug. 20, 2022
Fight Time: This will be on the preliminary card, which begins at 8 p.m. ET.
Venue: Vivint Arena — Salt Lake City, UT
Coverage: ABC, ESPN
Santos vs Gordon Odds & Betting Info
All UFC 278 odds, lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Leo Santos: (+240)
- Jared Gordon: (-310)
- Draw: (+5000)
Method of Victory:
- Santos by KO/TKO: (+750)
- Santos by Points: (+700)
- Santos by Submission: (+750)
- Gordon by KO/TKO: (+240)
- Gordon by Points: (+125)
- Gordon by Submission: (+950)
Santos vs Gordon Prediction
UFC 278 Santos-Gordon prediction is from Tapology Fight Predictions.
Winner: Jared Gordon (84%)
Method of Victory: Decision (73%)
Jared Gordon has his eyes set on a bounce-back win here after submitting to Grant Dawson in his last outing. Fortunately, Gordon will be in a good position to win as long as the fighters stay on their feet. After all, "Flash" averages almost three more significant strikes per minute than his opponent.
Leo Santos has decisively lost back-to-back fights, losing one by KO and the other via submission. Though he has the size advantage here, it's hard to back the 42-year-old. His best days appear to be behind him, which bodes well for the much younger Gordon.
Though Tapology advocates for a decisionvictory, I'm taking Gordon by KO/TKO at +240.
Santos vs Gordon Betting Trends & Stats
- Leo Santos lost to Clay Guida, by submission, in his last fight on Dec. 4, 2022.
- Jared Gordon lost to Grant Dawson, by submission, in his last fight on Apr. 30, 2022.
- Santos averages 2.88 significant strikes landed per minute with a 47% accuracy rate.
- Gordon averages 5.24 significant strikes landed per minute with a 57% accuracy rate.
- Santos averages 2.77 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 59% defense rate.
- Gordon averages 3.20 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 58% defense rate.
- Santos has an 86% takedown defense rate.
- Gordon averages 2.22 takedowns per 15 minutes
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.