Eagles Playoff Odds Survive Scare From Near Disastrous Upset Loss to Giants in Week 14
The Philadelphia Eagles stayed alive in race for the NFC East title with a 14-point comeback win over the now 2-11 New York Giants in overtime on "Monday Night Football." That Week 14 win brought Philly to a 6-7 record to match the Dallas Cowboys atop the division.
Believe it or not, but the Eagles still control their own destiny, with games against the Washington Redskins, Cowboys and Giants remaining. Should the Eagles win out, they would actually clinch the NFC East at 9-7.
Eagles Odds to Make Playoffs
The Cowboys (-132) are still significantly favored over the Eagles (+106) to make the NFL Playoffs by the odds, according to FanDuel Sportsbook.
Considering the current state of the NFC Wild Card race, each team's odds to win the division are relatively balanced with Dallas at -130 and Philly at +107. In other words, the only route to the postseason for either team is by way of an NFC East crown at this point in the season.
Should the Cowboys lose at home to the Los Angeles Rams in Week 15, while the Eagles take care of the Redskins on the road this Sunday, Philadelphia would have a 67 percent chance to win the division and Dallas would drop to 33 percent, according to FiveThirtyEight.com.
Should the Eagles then get the best of the Cowboys at home in Week 16, Philadelphia would also clinch the division outright. Given the injury woes in Philadelphia and the state of disarray in Dallas, this race looks like it's going to remain tight.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.