49ers Fans Projected to Outnumber Rams Crowd at NFC Championship

Devon Platana
San Francisco 49ers fans are projected to outnumber Los Angeles Rams fans in the crowd at this weekend's NFC Championship Game.
San Francisco 49ers fans are projected to outnumber Los Angeles Rams fans in the crowd at this weekend's NFC Championship Game. / Sean M. Haffey/GettyImages
facebooktwitterreddit

The San Francisco 49ers will travel to take on the Los Angeles Rams in this weekend's NFC Championship Game. In theory, the Rams should have the home-field advantage with the game being at SoFi Stadium, however, it doesn't look like that will be the case.

ESPN's Nick Wagoner reported Friday that Vivid Seats' algorithm is projecting that 49ers fans will make up for a majority of the NFC Championship Game crowd.

49ers vs Rams

According to the 'Fan Forecast' algorithm, 49ers fans are expected to make up 65% of the crowd while Rams fans will make up the other 35%. This comes soon after San Francisco's fanbase dominated SoFi Stadium in their team's Week 18 clash against the Rams.

The crowd presence at the NFC Championship Game has been one of the most-discussed NFL stories this week. Things began when the Rams wanted to limit ticket sales to those in Los Angeles, which prompted outrage from the 49ers fans.

Fortunately, websites like StubHub announced that they won't be limiting tickets by zip code or location. The result of the website's decision has led to the upcoming NFC Championship Game becoming one of the most expensive games in StubHub history.

The make-up for the crowd can certainly change before kickoff, however, it's clear that 49ers fans want to make their presence felt in their rival's home stadium this weekend.

The Rams are the 3.5-point favorites in the NFC Championship Game, according to FanDuel Sportsbook's latest odds.


Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!


Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. The views expressed in his articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.

facebooktwitterreddit