The Tampa Bay Lightning are thankful to get a few extra days off before the 2022 Stanley Cup Finals, especially because the Colorado Avalanche have been resting since they finished their series sweep on June 6.
Getting hockey nearly every night for months has spoiled NHL fans, who are now left waiting a few days for things to pick back up with the start of the Stanley Cup Finals.
Here's when the Stanley Cup Finals start, including the full schedule with dates and times for each game.
When Does the Stanley Cup Start?
The 2022 Stanley Cup Finals will start on Wednesday, June 15 2022. Game 1 will be played at 8:00 p.m. ET (6:00 p.m. MT) in Colorado.
2022 Stanley Cup Schedule: Dates & Times
- Game 1: Wednesday, June 15 — 8 p.m. ET/6 p.m. MT (TB @ COL)
- Game 2: Saturday, June 18 — 8 p.m. ET/6 p.m. MT (TB @ COL)
- Game 3: Monday, June 20 — 8 p.m. ET/6 p.m. MT (COL @ TB)
- Game 4: Wednesday, June 22— 8 p.m. ET/6 p.m. MT (COL @ TB)
- Game 5: Friday, June 24 — 8 p.m. ET/6 p.m. MT (TB @ COL) if needed
- Game 6: Sunday, June 26 — 8 p.m. ET/6 p.m. MT (COL @ TB) if needed
- Game 7: Tuesday, June 28 — 8 p.m. ET/6 p.m. MT (TB @ COL) if needed
According to the Stanley Cup odds from FanDuel Sportsbook, fans should expect to be treated to plenty of those "if needed" games. The best odds for "Series Total Games" are for 7 games, at +200. Just behind that in second is 6 games (at +205), and then 5 games (+240).
Jason Schandl is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Jason Schandl also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username Jaymun. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in his articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.