Just a few weeks after the Los Angeles Rams hoisted the Lombardi Trophy, all eyes will turn on the next generation of potential NFL stars. The NFL Combine, or National Scouting Combine, kicks off this week as teams and collegiate players prepare for the upcoming 2022 NFL Draft.
Here's everything you need to know about this year's combine.
NFL Scouting Combine
NFL Combine Dates
The 2022 NFL Combine is scheduled to take place from Tuesday, March 1 to Tuesday, March 7. This year, collegiate prospects will meet at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN.
Notably, on-field televised events begin on Thursday, March 3rd.
What is the NFL Combine?
The combine is an annual event hosted by the NFL, inviting hundreds of college football players from around the country to be evaluated by all 32 franchises through workouts and interviews. Players will participate in on-field drills beginning on March 3, including the 40-yard dash, bench press and various positional drills.
The SEC is the most represented college football conference with 82 possible draftees of the total 324 invited. The defending National Champion Georgia Bulldogs lead the way amongst individual colleges with 14 players receiving invitations.
NFL Combine Schedule
- Tuesday, March 1 to Wednesday, March 2: Non-televised activities, including 1-on-1 interviews
- Thursday, March 3: Live television coverage for quarterbacks, wide receivers and tight ends
- Friday, March 4: Live TV coverage for running backs, offensive linemen and special teams
- Saturday, March 5: Live TV coverage for defensive linemen and linebackers
- Sunday, March 6: Live TV coverage for defensive backs
NFL Combine TV Channel
The NFL Combine will be aired live on NFL Network throughout the week. Live coverage can be streamed across devices through the NFL and NFL Network apps.
- Thursday, March 3: Quarterbacks, wide receivers and tight ends, 4 p.m. EST to 11 p.m. EST
- Friday, March 4: Running backs, offensive linemen and special teams, 4 p.m. EST to 10 p.m. EST
- Saturday, March 5: Defensive linemen and linebackers, 4 p.m. EST to 9 p.m. EST
- Sunday, March 6: Defensive backs, 2 p.m. EST to 7 p.m. EST
The NFL Draft will take place in Las Vegas over three days at the end of April.
- Day 1, which features only the first round, is on Thursday, April 28 and starts at 8 p.m. ET
- Day 2, which features the second and third rounds, is on Friday, April 29 and starts 7 pm. ET
- Day 3, which features Rounds 4-7, is on Saturday, April and starts at 12 p.m. ET
Players to Watch
There will be a number of high-profile players to watch at this year's combine. The Duel has highlighted the top players at every position, and a few of these names from each of the best collegiate football programs in the nation, including the Alabama Crimson Tide.
- Kenny Pickett, Pittsburgh QB
- Malik Willis, Liberty QB
- Matt Corral, Ole Miss QB
- Breece Hall, Iowa State RB
- Isaiah Spiller, Texas A&M
- Garrett Wilson, Ohio State WR
- Drake London, USC WR
- Ikem Ekwonu, NC State OT
- Charles Cross, Mississippi State OT
- Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa Interior Lineman
- Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan EDGE
- Kayvon Thibodeaux, Oregon EDGE
- Ahmad Gardner, Cincinnati CB
- Trent McDuffie, Washington CB
- Jordan Davis, Georgia DL
- Kyle Hamilton, Notre Dame S
- Lewis Cine, Georgia S
- Nakobe Dean, Georgia LB
- Devin Lloyd, Utah LB
- 3 Alabama Players to Watch at NFL Combine
- 3 LSU Players to Watch at NFL Combine
- 3 Georgia Players to Watch at NFL Combine
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!
Adam Taylor McKillop is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Adam Taylor also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username atmckillop. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.