Clemson vs LSU CFP National Championship Game Info
Note: The following title game matchup and respective odds reflect one of four possible matchups dependent upon the winners of the 2019 Playstation Fiesta Bowl and 2019 Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl CFP Semifinal games.
2020 College Football Playoff National Championship Game
No. 3 Clemson Tigers (13-0, 10-0 ACC) vs. No. 1 LSU Tigers (13-0, 10-0 SEC)
Date: Monday, Jan. 13, 2019
Time: 8 p.m. EST
Venue: Mercedes-Benz Superdome – New Orleans, LA
Clemson vs LSU Spread & Odds
All betting lines, odds and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline: CLEM: (N/A) | LSU: (N/A)
Spread: CLEM: -1.5 (-115) | LSU: +1.5 (-105)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages via oddsFire: CLEM: (N/A) | LSU: (N/A)
Odds to Win 2020 CFP: CLEM: (+200) | LSU: (+150)
Mercedes-Benz Superdome Capacity
- Mercedes-Benz Superdome seating capacity for football games is 73,208.
Clemson & LSU Strength of Schedule 2019
- Clemson finished the 2019 season with one win against teams ranked in the final Week 15 CFP Rankings top 25 (vs No. 24 Virginia).
- LSU finished the 2019 season with four wins over teams ranked in the final Week 15 CFP Rankings top 25 (vs No. 5 Georgia, vs No. 9 Florida, vs No. 12 Auburn, at No. 13 Alabama).
Clemson CFP History
- Clemson's 2020 CFP berth to the Fiesta Bowl ties Alabama for the most CFP appearances (five) in history.
- Clemson has won two CFP National Championships (2016, 2018), and the Tigers have appeared in three of the last four CFP title games.
- Clemson is 5-2 in its seven all-time CFP game appearances.
- Dating back to last season and the Tigers' 2019 CFP National Championship title, Clemson has won 28 straight games heading into the Fiesta Bowl.
LSU CFP History
- LSU's 2020 CFP berth to the Peach Bowl marks the Tigers' first CFP appearance in program history.
Clemson vs LSU Head-to-Head Record & Betting Trends
- Clemson defeated LSU, 25-24, in the Peach Bowl in the most recent meeting between these two teams on Dec. 31, 2012.
- LSU is 2-1 in the three all-time, head-to-head matchups with Clemson.
- LSU is 4-1 in its last five head-to-head matchups with ACC opponents and 23-2 in its 25 all-time, head-to-head matchups with ACC opponents.
- Clemson is 5-0 in its last five head-to-head matchups with SEC opponents and 9-1 in its last 10 head-to-head matchups with SEC opponents.
- Clemson defeated then-No. 23 Virginia, 62-17, to win the 2019 ACC championship game in Week 15.
- Clemson is a 2-point favorite over No. 2 Ohio State in the 2019 Playstation Fiesta Bowl CFP Semifinal at 8 p.m. EST on Saturday, Dec. 28.
- LSU defeated then-No. 4 Georgia, 37-10, to win the 2019 SEC championship game in Week 15.
- LSU is a 13.5-point favorite over No. 4 Oklahoma in the 2019 Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl CFP Semifinal at 4 p.m. EST on Saturday, Dec. 28.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.
David Hayes is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David Hayes also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username DavidWHayes. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.