Players are ready to take a meaningful swing as the 2021 MLB season begins. Projecting MLB award winners is a top offseason activity and that includes the American League MVP award.
Just as we saw when last year's opening AL MVP odds were released, Mike Trout (+220) of the Los Angeles Angels is a clear favorite to win the award in 2021, according to the player futures bets on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Trout won the AL Most Valuable Player award in 2019 and 2016, and has finished top-5 in 2020, 2018 and 2017, when he was runner-up.
The other leading contenders start the season with double-digit odds. Aaron Judge (+1200), Alex Bregman (+1500), Jose Ramirez (+1500), Anthony Rendon (+1800) and Matt Chapman (+1800) round out the group. Ramirez was 2020 American League MVP runner-up behind Jose Abreu, who starts the season with +2500 odds.
AL MVP Odds 2021
1. Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels (+220)
2. Aaron Judge, New York Yankees (+1200)
3. Alex Bregman, Houston Astros (+1500)
4. Jose Ramirez, Cleveland Indians (+1500)
5. Anthony Rendon, Los Angeles Angels (+1800)
6. Matt Chapman, Oakland A's (+1800)
7. Shoehi Ohtani, Los Angeles Angels (+2000)
8. DJ LeMahieu, New York Yankees (+2200)
9. Luis Robert, Chicago White Sox (+2200)
10. Gleyber Torres, New York Yankees (+2500)
11. Jose Abreu, Chicago White Sox (+2500)
12. George Springer, Toronto Blue Jays (+3000)
13. Giancarlo Stanton, New York Yankees (+3500)
14. Tim Anderson, Chicago White Sox (+3500)
15. Vladimir Guerrero, Jr., Toronto Blue Jays (+3500)
16. Yoan Moncada, Chicago White Sox (+3500)
17. Bo Bichette, Toronto Blue Jays (+4000)
18. Xander Bogaerts, Boston Red Sox (+4000)
19. Carlos Correa, Houston Astros (+5000)
20. Josh Donaldson, Minnesota Twins (+5000)
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!