Men's weightlifting remains one of the most intense Gold Medal events since it was included in the first Olympic Games back in 1896. Athletes push themselves to the limits every year by attempting a maximum-weight single lift of a barbell loaded with weight plates.
Olympics Men's Weightlifting 96kg
Fares El-Bakh of Qatar leads all competitors with odds set at -140 to take home the gold in this event, according to FanDuel Sportsbook. The 23-year-old is a two-time Junior World Champion and finished in seventh place in the weightlifting class just below this one at the 2016 Summer Olympics.
He is followed behind by Yauheni Tsikhantsou of Belarus with odds set at +240.
Here's how the rest of the Olympics men's weightlifting 96kg Gold Medal odds are shaping up.
Olympics Men's Weightlifting 96kg Gold Medal Odds
1. Fares Ibrahim E.H Elbakh (QAT): -140
2. Yauheni Tsikhantsou (BLR): +240
3. Anton Pliesnoi (GEO): +380
4. Boady Santavy (CAN): +1100
5. Keydomar Vallenilla (VEN): +1800
6. Yu Dong-Ju (KOR): +3400
7. Bekdoloot Rasulbekov (KGZ): +6500
8. Chen Po-jen (TPE): +10000
9. Theodoros Iakovidis (GRE): +10000
10. Cyrille Tchatchet (EOR): +10000
11. Bartomiej Adamus (POL): +10000
12. Toshiki Yamamoto (JPN): +10000
13. Olfides Saez (CUB): +10000
14. Christian Amoah (GHA): +10000
15. Mohammed Hamada (PLE): +10000
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.