Euro 2024 Scotland vs. Switzerland: Picks, Predictions, and Odds

Austan Kas
Austan Kas@AustanKas
Euro 2024 Scotland vs. Switzerland: Picks, Predictions, and Odds

Euro 2024 is underway and is starting to take shape.

On Wednesday, June 19th, Switzerland (19th in the FIFA rankings) face off with Scotland (39th).

What should you expect from this matchup?

All Euro 2024 odds come from FanDuel Sportsbook and may change after this article is published.

Euro 2024 Scotland vs. Switzerland: Picks, Predictions, and Odds

Scotland vs. Switzerland Odds

  • Switzerland to Win: -120
  • Scotland to Win: +350
  • Draw: +260
  • Over 2.5 Goal Odds: +112
  • Under 2.5 Goal Odds: -136

Scotland vs. Switzerland Analysis

These teams had very different opening-match results.

Switzerland won, 3-1, over Hungary. They prevailed by expected goals (xG), as well, 2.3-1.3, per FBRef's xG model. It was a sublime start for a Swiss side that won just once over its final seven Euro qualifying matches, although they drew five of those clashes.

Scotland were thrashed, 5-0, by the host Germans and failed to accrue any xG themselves while permitting 2.1 xG to Germany. Scotland have won just once over their past eight matches, with the win coming in a friendly against Gibraltar.

Scotland vs. Switzerland Prediction

Opta gives Switzerland a 49.0% chance to win, compared to 24.9% win odds for Scotland. A draw carries 26.1% odds.

MasseyRatings are mostly in line with that -- handing the Swiss a 54% chance to win.

Switzerland is a deserving favorite, but despite these two sides getting drastically different results in their openers, the models are expecting a competitive match.

Looking for more soccer betting opportunities? Head over to FanDuel Sportsbook to check out all of the soccer odds.

Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook and FanDuel Daily Fantasy today!

The above author is a FanDuel employee and is not eligible to compete in public daily fantasy contests or place sports betting wagers on FanDuel. The advice provided by the author does not necessarily represent the views of FanDuel. Taking the author's advice will not guarantee a successful outcome. You should use your own judgment when participating in daily fantasy contests or placing sports wagers.