Soccer

Euro 2024 Poland vs. Austria: Picks, Predictions, and Odds

Austan Kas
Austan Kas@AustanKas
Euro 2024 Poland vs. Austria: Picks, Predictions, and Odds

Euro 2024 is underway and is starting to take shape.

On Friday, June 21st, Poland (26th in the FIFA rankings) face off with Austria (25th).

What should we expect from this matchup?

All Euro 2024 odds come from FanDuel Sportsbook and may change after this article is published.

Euro 2024 Poland vs. Austria: Picks, Predictions, and Odds

Poland vs. Austria Odds

  • Poland to Win: +240
  • Austria to Win: +115
  • Draw: +230
  • Over 2.5 Goal Odds: -106
  • Under 2.5 Goal Odds: -116

Poland vs. Austria Analysis

Both of these sides lost in Round 1 and desperately need a result in this matchup.

Poland fell 2-1 to the Netherlands in a tight clash that was 1.4-1.3 on expected goals (xG) in favor of the Dutch, per FBRef's xG model.

Austria lost 1-0 to France, and the xG tally was 2.0-0.8 to the French, although there's no shame in that scoreline considering France is one of the tourney favorites.

Poland's qualifying campaign was a mixed bag despite a fairly easy group, and they had to get past Wales on penalties in the final round of the qualification playoff just to get to Euro 2024.

Austria notched six wins and a draw across eight qualifying matches, with the lone defeat coming to Belgium, one of Europe's better sides.

Poland vs. Austria Prediction

Opta's model hands Austria a 43.3% chance to win, with the odds of a draw (26.8%) and a Poland win (29.9%) rating out similarly.

MasseyRatings has things a little more even, giving Austria 38% win odds compared to 34% for Poland.


Looking for more soccer betting opportunities? Head over to FanDuel Sportsbook to check out all of the soccer odds.

Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook and FanDuel Daily Fantasy today!


The above author is a FanDuel employee and is not eligible to compete in public daily fantasy contests or place sports betting wagers on FanDuel. The advice provided by the author does not necessarily represent the views of FanDuel. Taking the author's advice will not guarantee a successful outcome. You should use your own judgment when participating in daily fantasy contests or placing sports wagers.