Soccer

Copa America 2024 Ecuador vs. Jamaica Picks, Predictions, and Odds

Brandon Gdula
Brandon Gdula@gdula13
Copa America 2024 Ecuador vs. Jamaica Picks, Predictions, and Odds

Copa America 2024 rolls on with a full week of matches.

Wednesday features two matches on FS1. The first match is between Ecuador (30th in the FIFA rankings) and Jamaica (53rd). Start time is 6:00 p.m. Eastern.

What should we expect from this matchup?

All Copa America 2024 odds come from FanDuel Sportsbook and may change after this article is published.

Copa America 2024 Ecuador vs. Jamaica: Picks, Predictions, and Odds

Ecuador vs. Jamaica Odds

  • Ecuador to Win: -195
  • Jamaica to Win: +600
  • Draw: +300
  • Over 2.5 Goal Odds: +116
  • Under 2.5 Goal Odds: -140

Ecuador vs. Jamaica Analysis

Ecuador lost their opening match to Venezuela by a score of 2-1 on Saturday after captain Enner Valencia was sent off in the 22nd minute. A Jeremy Sarmiento goal put them up 1-0, but two second-half goals from Venezuela earned them three points.

The expected goals (xG) from FBRef favored Venezuela 1.6 to 0.9. The xG from MarkStats saw the game similarly: 1.51 to 0.84.

Unsurprisingly, Ecuador struggled to maintain possession (34.5%) and were out-shot 14-9 (and 5-4 on shots on target).

Jamaica dropped their opener to Mexico 1-0 with xG outcomes of 1.0-0.5 (FBRef) and 1.48-0.43 (MarkStats).

Jamaica let up 20 shot attempts (9 on target) to Mexico (and was 4 for 13 on their own shots).

Ecuador vs. Jamaica Goal Scorer Odds

Here are the top anytime goalscorer odds, via FanDuel Sportsbook, for this matchup.

Anytime Goalscorer
FanDuel Sportsbook Odds
Jordy Caicedo+105
Kevin Rodriguez+165
Angel Mena+230
Janner Corozo+250
Kendry Paez+260
John Yeboah+290
Jeremy Sarmiento+360
View Full Table

Ecuador vs. Jamaica Prediction

Opta's model sees Ecuador as 58.0% likely to win with equal chances of a draw (21.0%) and a Jamaica win (21.0%).

MasseyRatings is higher yet on Ecuador (65%) to get full points.


Looking for more soccer betting opportunities? Head over to FanDuel Sportsbook to check out all of the soccer odds.

Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook and FanDuel Daily Fantasy today!


The above author is a FanDuel employee and is not eligible to compete in public daily fantasy contests or place sports betting wagers on FanDuel. The advice provided by the author does not necessarily represent the views of FanDuel. Taking the author's advice will not guarantee a successful outcome. You should use your own judgment when participating in daily fantasy contests or placing sports wagers.