Giants vs Athletics Prediction, Odds, Moneyline, Spread & Over/Under for August 5
Odds updated as of 7:34 AM
MLB action on Saturday includes the San Francisco Giants playing the Oakland Athletics.
Here's everything you need to know before checking out today's MLB odds and spreads on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Giants vs Athletics Game Info
- San Francisco Giants (61-49) vs. Oakland Athletics (30-80)
- Date: Saturday, August 5, 2023
- Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Venue: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum -- Oakland, California
- Coverage: NBCS-CA
Giants vs Athletics Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: SF: (-174) | OAK: (+146)
- Spread: SF: -1.5 (-102) | OAK: +1.5 (-118)
- Total: 7.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Giants vs Athletics Probable Starting Pitchers
Probable Pitchers: Ross Stripling (Giants) - 0-4, 5.52 ERA vs Paul Blackburn (Athletics) - 2-2, 4.83 ERA
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Giants will send Ross Stripling (0-4) to the mound, while Blackburn (2-2) will get the nod for the Athletics. Stripling's team is 3-7-0 against the spread this season in his starts. Stripling's team has won 25% of his starts when they are favored on the moneyline (1-3). The Athletics are 7-2-0 ATS in Blackburn's nine starts with a set spread. The Athletics have a 5-4 record in Blackburn's nine starts this season when they were the underdog on the moneyline.
Giants vs Athletics Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Giants win (52.6%)
Giants vs Athletics Moneyline
- San Francisco is a -174 favorite on the moneyline, while Oakland is a +146 underdog at home.
Giants vs Athletics Spread
- The Giants are favored by 1.5 runs on the road versus the Athletics. The Giants are -102 to cover the spread, while the Athletics are -118.
Giants vs Athletics Over/Under
- Giants versus Athletics, on August 5, has an over/under of 7.5, with the over being -115 and the under -105.
Giants vs Athletics Betting Trends
- The Giants have been chosen as favorites in 60 games this year and have walked away with the win 32 times (53.3%) in those games.
- This season San Francisco has been victorious nine times in 13 chances when named as a favorite of at least -174 on the moneyline.
- The Giants' games have gone over the total in 45 of their 110 opportunities.
- In 110 games with a line this season, the Giants have a mark of 54-56-0 against the spread.
- The Athletics have gone 30-78 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 27.8% of those games).
- Oakland is 20-59 (winning just 25.3% of its games) when playing as a moneyline underdog of +146 or longer.
- The Athletics have played in 109 games with a set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 57 times (57-45-7).
- The Athletics have collected a 51-58-0 record against the spread this season (covering 46.8% of the time).
Giants Player Leaders
- LaMonte Wade Jr has 80 hits and an OBP of .396, both of which rank first among San Francisco hitters this season. He has a .268 batting average and a slugging percentage of .431.
- Among all qualifying hitters, he is 49th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks seventh, and he is 74th in slugging.
- Wade has recorded a base hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a double, two home runs, two walks and two RBI.
- Michael Conforto is batting .243 with 10 doubles, 13 home runs and 39 walks. He's slugging .397 with an on-base percentage of .334.
- Among qualifying batters, his batting average places him 105th, his on-base percentage 64th, and his slugging percentage 107th.
- Wilmer Flores has collected 75 base hits, an OBP of .360 and a slugging percentage of .545 this season.
- Flores enters this game with six games in a row with at least one hit. In his last 10 games he is hitting .378 with four doubles, two home runs, three walks and four RBI.
- J.D. Davis leads San Francisco in slugging percentage (.431) and total hits (88) this season.
Athletics Player Leaders
- Brent Rooker has racked up 73 hits, a team-high for the Athletics. He's batting .242 and slugging .470 with an on-base percentage of .332.
- He ranks 112th in batting average, 67th in on-base percentage and 41st in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in MLB.
- Tony Kemp has 11 doubles, three triples, three home runs and 30 walks while hitting .217. He's slugging .310 with an on-base percentage of .303.
- JJ Bleday is hitting .206 with 11 doubles, eight home runs and 35 walks.
- Shea Langeliers is hitting .201 with 14 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 24 walks.
Giants vs. Athletics Head to Head
- 7/26/2023: 8-3 SF (Favorite: Giants, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8.5, Favorite Moneyline: -235, Underdog Moneyline: +194)
- 7/25/2023: 2-1 SF (Favorite: Giants, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8.5, Favorite Moneyline: -270, Underdog Moneyline: +220)
- 8/7/2022: 6-4 SF (Favorite: Giants, Spread: -1.5, Total: 7.5, Favorite Moneyline: -196, Underdog Moneyline: +164)
- 8/6/2022: 7-3 SF (Favorite: Giants, Spread: -1.5, Total: 7.5, Favorite Moneyline: -260, Underdog Moneyline: +215)
- 4/27/2022: 1-0 OAK (Favorite: Giants, Spread: -1.5, Total: 7.5, Favorite Moneyline: -168, Underdog Moneyline: +142)
- 4/26/2022: 8-2 SF (Favorite: Giants, Spread: -1.5, Total: 6.5, Favorite Moneyline: -275, Underdog Moneyline: +225)