After what felt like an endless lockout, Opening Day for the 2022 MLB season is only a few weeks away.
The league's 30 teams will once again compete for a chance to win this year's World Series. Even though we're still about seven months away from crowning this season's champions, it's never too early to wager on who'll take home the gold later this Fall.
FanDuel Sportsbook's latest odds help paint a picture as to how the season could unfold. As it stands, the sportsbook is favoring the Los Angeles Dodgers to win another World Series at +470 odds.
The Dodgers are usually a lock to go on a deep playoff run, having made it to the World Series in three of the last five seasons. They won it all in 2020 and have a good chance to do it again after inking superstar first baseman Freddie Freeman to a six-year, $162 million deal this month.
The Toronto Blues Jays are a distant second behind the Dodgers, sitting at +950 odds to win the World Series. It's interesting seeing the Blue Jays with the best championship shot of all American League teams considering how they have the third-best odds (+480) to win the ALCS.
Here's a look at how the full World Series odds list is shaping up.
2022 World Series Odds
1. Los Angeles Dodgers (+470)
2. Toronto Blue Jays (+950)
3. Chicago White Sox (+1000)
4. Houston Astros (+1000)
5. New York Mets (+1100)
6. Milwaukee Brewers (+1200)
7. Atlanta Braves (+1300)
8. Tampa Bay Rays (+1300)
9. New York Yankees (+1300)
10. San Diego Padres (+1600)
11. San Francisco Giants (+2500)
12. Boston Red Sox (+2500)
13. Philadelphia Phillies (+2500)
14. Los Angeles Angels (+3000)
15. St. Louis Cardinals (+3500)
16. Seattle Mariners (+4000)
17. Minnesota Twins (+4500)
18. Detroit Tigers (+5500)
19. Miami Marlins (+7000)
20. Texas Rangers (+7500)
21. Cleveland Guardians (+7500)
22. Cincinnati Reds (+10000)
23. Kansas City Royals (+10000)
24. Oakland Athletics (+13000)
25. Chicago Cubs (+13000)
26. Washington Nationals (+15000)
27. Colorado Rockies (+20000)
28. Arizona Diamondbacks (+25000)
29. Pittsburgh Pirates (+50000)
30. Baltimore Orioles (+50000)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. The views expressed in his articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.