US Open Tennis Odds for Women's Singles Draw Favor Serena Williams to Win and Tie Grand Slam Record
By Paul Shapiro
Serena Williams' run at the 2018 US Open ended in strange fashion last year. She made her way to the women's singles final, after a 12-month hiatus to give birth to her first child, but lost amid some controversy due to a series of altercations between herself and chair umpire Carlos Ramos.
Well, it looks like that's seemingly behind her as she remains the favorite to win the 2019 US Open women's singles title, according to FanDuel Sportsbook. With +490 odds, she's significantly ahead of the next-best odds of Ashleigh Barty and Simona Halep, who are both tied at +750.
US Open Tennis Odds for Women's Singles Draw
All 2019 US Open lines and odds are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
US Open Women's Singles Favorites & Odds
2019 US Open Women's Singles Favorites
- Serena Williams (+490)
- Ashleigh Barty (+750)
- Simona Halep (+750)
- Karolina Pliskova (+1000)
- Naomi Osaka (+1200)
- Madison Keys (+1400)
When Does the 2019 US Open Start?
US Open Schedule & Info
2019 US Open lines and odds are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Start Date: Monday, Aug. 26, 2019
Venue: USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center
Location: Queens, NY
* The main draw begins at 11 a.m. EST on Monday, Aug. 26.
US Open Betting Trends & Info
- Naomi Osaka is the defending women's singles champion. The 2018 US Open championship was her first major title. She also won the 2019 Australian Open.
- Serena Williams shares the Open Era record for most women's singles US Open championships, tied with Chris Evert. The six titles she's won (1999, 2002, 2008, 2012-14) have come over a 15-year period. She lost in last year's final to Naomi Osaka.
- Serena Williams will face Maria Sharapova in a first-round match on Monday, Aug. 26, at Arthur Ashe Stadium.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.