The Super Bowl LV matchup is set, and the Kansas City Chiefs are a 3-point favorite over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. FanDuel Sportsbook wasted no time in posting prop bets for the big game, and the player to score the first touchdown in the Super Bowl is a popular bet.
Two Kansas City Chiefs receivers are favorites to score the opening touchdown. Wide receiver Tyreek Hill and tight end Travis Kelce will take a bulk of the bets. Those two All-Pro players have been on fire in this year's playoffs.
Travis Kelce has recorded 100+ receiving yards or a TD in 8 of his 11 career playoff games. Kelce had 8 catches for 82 yards and zero touchdowns in the Chiefs 27-24 Week 12 win over the Buccaneers. But Tyreek Hill scored 3 times in his record performance of 13 receptions for 269 yards. That included scoring strikes from QB Patrick Mahomes of 44 and 75 yards.
Hill led the Chiefs with 15 touchdowns this season and Kelce was next with 11 scores.
Three Buccaneers players are next in odds to score the first touchdown in Super Bowl 55. Wide receiver Mike Evans led Tampa Bay with 13 touchdowns this season, followed by WR Chris Godwin (7), RB Ronald Jones (7) and RB Leonard Fournette (6).
Here are the top 12 players to score the first touchdown in Super Bowl 55.
1. Travis Kelce, TE, Kansas City Chiefs (+600)
2. Tyreek Hill, WR, Kansas City Chiefs (+650)
3. Mike Evans, WR, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+1000)
4. Leonard Fournette, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+1000)
5. Chris Godwin, WR, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+1200)
6. Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, Kansas City Chiefs (+1200)
7. Darrel Williams, RB, Kansas City Chiefs (+1300)
8. Le'Veon Bell, RB, Kansas City Chiefs (+1300)
9. Mecole Hardman, WR, Kansas City Chiefs (+1400)
10. Sammy Watkins, WR, Kansas City Chiefs (+1400)
11. Rob Gronkowski, TE, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+1500)
12. Patrick Mahomes, QB, Kansas City Chiefs (+1800)
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!