Thursday's slate in the MLB includes a matchup between the Boston Red Sox and the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Before checking out the MLB betting lines on FanDuel Sportsbook, we've got you covered, in terms of the vital information regarding this game.
Red Sox vs Pirates Game Info
- Boston Red Sox (59-59) vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (45-72)
- Date: Thursday, August 18, 2022
- Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Venue: PNC Park -- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Red Sox vs Pirates Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BOS: (-148) | PIT: (+126)
- Spread: BOS: -1.5 (+110) | PIT: +1.5 (-132)
- Total: 8.5 -- Over: (-114) | Under: (-106)
Red Sox vs Pirates Probable Starting Pitchers
The scheduled starters are Josh Winckowski (5-5) for the Boston Red Sox, and Bryse Wilson (2-7) for the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Red Sox vs Pirates Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Pirates win (54.7%)
Red Sox vs Pirates Moneyline
- Boston is the favorite, -148 on the moneyline, while Pittsburgh is a +126 underdog despite being at home.
Red Sox vs Pirates Spread
- The Red Sox are at the Pirates and are favored by 1.5 runs on the spread. The Red Sox are +110 to cover the runline, with the Pirates being -132.
Red Sox vs Pirates Over/Under
- Red Sox versus Pirates on August 18 has an over/under of 8.5 runs, with the odds on the over -114 and the under set at -106.
Red Sox vs Pirates Betting Trends
- The Red Sox have been favorites in 54 games this season and have come away with the win 31 times (57.4%) in those contests.
- Boston has been a -196 moneyline favorite on five occasions this season and won every game.
- Contests with Boston have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 49 of 113 chances this season.
- The Pirates have won 35 of the 100 games they were the underdog on the moneyline this season (35%).
- When it has played as a moneyline underdog with odds of +164 or longer, Pittsburgh has a 12-21 record (winning just 36.4% of its games).
- In the 115 games oddsmakers have set an over/under for Pittsburgh, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 50 times (50-55-10).