Ohio State vs LSU Spread, Odds, Over/Under & Betting Insights for Potential CFP National Championship Game
By Zach Brunner
Ohio State vs LSU CFP National Championship Game Info
Note: The following title game matchup and respective odds reflect one of four possible matchups dependent upon the winners of the 2019 Playstation Fiesta Bowl and 2019 Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl CFP Semifinal games.
2020 College Football Playoff National Championship Game
No. 2 Ohio State Buckeyes (13-0, 9-0 Big Ten) vs. No. 1 LSU Tigers (13-0, 10-0 SEC)
Date: Monday, Jan. 13, 2019
Time: 8 p.m. EST
Venue: Mercedes-Benz Superdome – New Orleans, LA
Ohio State vs LSU Spread & Odds
All betting lines, odds and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline: OSU: (N/A) | LSU: (N/A)
Spread: OSU: +1 (-110) | LSU: -1 (-110)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages via oddsFire: OSU: (N/A) | LSU: (N/A)
Odds to Win 2020 CFP: OSU: (+230) | LSU: (+150)
Mercedes-Benz Superdome Capacity
- Mercedes-Benz Superdome seating capacity for football games is 73,208.
Ohio State & LSU Strength of Schedule 2019
- Ohio State finished the 2019 season with five win against teams ranked in the final Week 15 CFP Rankings top 25 (vs No. 21 Cincinnati, vs No. 8 Wisconsin twice, vs No. 10 Penn State, at No. 14 Michigan).
- LSU finished the 2019 season with four wins over teams ranked in the final Week 15 CFP Rankings top 25 (vs No. 5 Georgia, vs No. 9 Florida, vs No. 12 Auburn, at No. 13 Alabama).
Ohio State CFP History
- Ohio State's 2020 CFP berth to the Fiesta Bowl marks their third playoff appearance.
- Ohio State has won one CFP National Championship (2015).
- Ohio State is 2-1 in its three all-time CFP game appearances.
LSU CFP History
- LSU's 2020 CFP berth to the Peach Bowl marks the Tigers' first CFP appearance in program history.
Ohio State vs LSU Head-to-Head Record & Betting Trends
- LSU defeated Ohio State, 38-24, in the BCS Championship Game in the most recent meeting between these two teams on Jan. 7, 2008.
- The all-time series is tied between Ohio State and LSU, 1-1-1.
- Ohio State is 2-3 in its last five head-to-head matchups against SEC opponents and 2-8 in its last 10 matchups against SEC opponents.
- LSU is 3-2 in its last five head-to-head matchups against Big Ten opponents and 5-4-1 (W-L-D) in its last 10 matchups against Big Ten opponents.
- Ohio State defeated then-No. 8 Wisconsin, 34-21, to win the 2019 Big Ten championship game.
- Ohio State is a 2-point underdog against No. 3 Clemson in the 2019 Playstation Fiesta Bowl CFP Semifinal at 8 p.m. EST on Saturday, Dec. 28.
- LSU defeated then-No. 4 Georgia, 37-10, to win the 2019 SEC championship game in Week 15.
- LSU is a 13.5-point favorite over No. 4 Oklahoma in the 2019 Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl CFP Semifinal at 4 p.m. EST on Saturday, Dec. 28.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.