The 2022 MLB season has arrived with Opening Day Thursday, April 7. It's the perfect time to make some last-minute wagers on betting futures on FanDuel Sportsbook, especially when it concerns the National League Cy Young race
This year's race will be full of the usual favorites, such as the NY Mets Jacob deGrom and veteran newcomer Max Scherzer. However, bettors can also get decent value by targeting some intriguing dark-horse picks. The Cy Young odds will adjust throughout the season as pitchers rise and fall.
Here's a look at the NL Cy Young odds with a full listing on FanDuel Sportsbook as the 2022 season begins. Also, check out a best bet to consider for the top pitchers award in the National League.
NL Cy Young Odds 2022
1. Max Scherzer, New York Mets (+700)
2. Corbin Burnes, Milwaukee Brewers (+750)
3. Walker Buehler, Los Angeles Dodgers (+950)
4. Zack Wheeler, Philadelphia Phillies (+1000)
5. Brandon Woodruff, Milwaukee Brewers (+1300)
6. Sandy Alcantara, Miami Marlins (+1600)
7. Logan Webb, San Francisco Giants (+1700)
8. Julio Urias, Los Angeles Dodgers (+2000)
9. Carlos Rodon, San Francisco Giants (+2000)
10. Jacob deGrom, New York Mets (+2000)
11. Max Fried, Atlanta Braves (+2500)
12. Aaron Nola, Philadelphia Phillies (+2500)
13. Joe Musgrove, San Diego Padres (+2500)
14. Freddy Peralta, Milwaukee Brewers (+3000)
15. Yu Darvish, San Diego Padres (+4000)
16. Jack Flaherty, St. Louis Cardinals (+4000)
17. Chris Bassitt, New York Mets (+4000)
18. Sean Manaea, San Diego Padres (+4000)
19. Charlie Morton, Atlanta Braves (+5000)
20. Blake Snell, San Diego Padres (+5000)
21. Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers (+5000)
22. Luis Castillo, Cincinnati Reds (+5000)
23. Pablo Lopez (+5500)
24. Trevor Rogers, Miami Marlins (+5500)
25. Ian Anderson, Atlanta Braves (+6500)
26. Mike Clevinger, San Diego Padres (+6500)
NL Cy Young Prediction 2022
Julio Urias, Los Angeles Dodgers (+2000)
The Dodgers are the World Series favorite, and Los Angeles has a strong lineup and offense, and their bullpen is improved on the backend. Urias had a career-best season in 2021, and the 25-year-old Mexican native was the only National League pitcher to win 20 games. He can add to his 185.2 innings and 195 strikeouts from last season, and even improve on his 2.96 ERA and 3.13 FIP.
Urias sports a 94 MPH fastball, and concerns about diminished fastball speed in his final spring training tune-up should be put to rest soon. Another season of sub .220 batting average against (BAA) and similar stats profile should make Urias a major Cy Young contender.
Julio Urias should take on a larger load and more innings with the departure of Max Scherzer. Urias can continue his rise on baseball's best team, and he offers more value and twice the NL Cy Young odds of teammate Walker Buehler.
Best Bet: Julio Urias, Los Angeles Dodgers (+2000)