The 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games are set to begin on Friday, July 23 and sports fans will be able to put in wagers on a number of different events. Of course, women's swimming has long been a stapled event at the summer Olympics and this year is no different.
The sport is full of dynamic athletes, which means the battle for the Gold Medal in the 800m freestyle should be an exciting one.
Olympics Women's 800m Freestyle
USA's Katie Ledecky is the heavy favorite to take home the gold with odds set at -370, according to FanDuel Sportsbook. The 24-year-old already owns the world record time in this event and has earned a total of five gold medals in her Olympic career. Australia's Ariarne Titmus is a distant second with odds set at +300.
Here's how the rest of the women's 800m freestyle Gold Medal odds are shaping up.
Women's 800m Freestyle Gold Medal Winner Odds
1. Katie Ledecky (USA): -370
2. Ariarne Titmus (AUS): +300
3. Wang Jianjiahe (CHN): +1600
4. Simona Quadarella (ITA): +1800
5. Kiah Melverton (AUS): +2900
6. Katie Grimes (USA): +2900
7. Li Bingjie (CHN): +3400
8. Anastasiia Kirpichnikova (ROC): +4400
9. Sarah Kohler (GER): +6500
10. Anna Egorova (ROC): +6500
11. Jimena Perez Blanco (ESP): +10000
12. Miyu Namba (JPN): +10000
13. Julia Hassler (LIE): +10000
14. Marlene Kahler (AUT): +10000
15. Isabel Gose (GER): +10000
16. Delfina Pignatiello (ARG): +10000
17. Mireia Belmonte (ESP): +10000
18. Waka Kobori (JPN): +10000
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.