Men's weightlifting remains one of the most intense Gold Medal events since it was included in the first Olympic Games back in 1896. Athletes push themselves to the limits every year by attempting a maximum-weight single lift of a barbell loaded with weight plates.
Olympics Men's Weightlifting 81kg
Lyu Xiaojun of China is the favorite to take home the gold in this event with odds set at -250, according to FanDuel Sportsbook. The 36-year-old has already earned two medals at the Summer Olympics during his career and is a five-time World Champion in this weightlifting class.
Antonino Pizzolato of Italy follows behind with odds set at +300.
Here's how the rest of the Olympics men's weightlifting 81kg Gold Medal odds are shaping up.
Olympics Men's Weightlifting 81kg Gold Medal Odds
1. Lyu Xiaojun (CHN): -250
2. Antonino Pizzolato (ITA): +300
3. Zacarias Bonnat (DOM): +850
4. Brayan Rodallegas (COL): +1100
5. Rejepbay Rejepov (TKM): +3400
6. Harrison Maurus (USA): +3400
7. Andres Mata (ESP): +6500
8. Amur Salim Al-Khanjari (OMA): +10000
9. Ritvars Suharevs (LAT): +10000
10. Arley Mendez (CHI): +10000
11. Erkland Qerimaj (ALB): +10000
12. Nico Mueller (GER): +10000
13. Cameron McTaggart (NZL): +10000
14. Ramzi Bahloul (TUN): +10000
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.