Men's individual foil fencing has a lot of significance as it was first introduced to the Summer Olympic Games back in 1896. With only the best foil fencers participating in Tokyo this year, this is certainly one of the more 'can't-miss' events.
Olympics Men's Fencing Indivudal Foil
Italy's Alessio Foconi is favored to win the men's fencing individual foil gold medal in Tokyo at +220 odds, according to FanDuel Sportsbook. The Italians typically perform well when it comes to men's individual foil, having medalled in seven of the last 11 Summer Olympics.
Andrea Cassara and Daniele Garozzo — Foconi's fellow countrymen — have the second-best odds to win gold at +750, which puts them in a four-way tie along with Team USA's Gerek Meinhardt and the Russian Olympic Committee's Anton Borodachev.
Here's how the rest of the men's fencing individual foil gold medal odds are shaping up.
Men's Fencing Individual Foil Gold Medal Winner Odds
1. Alessio Foconi (ITA): +220
2. Andrea Cassara (ITA): +750
3. Gerek Meinhardt (USA): +750
4. Daniele Garozzo (ITA): +750
5. Anton Borodachev (ROC): +750
6. Alexander Massialas (USA): +900
7. Enzo Lefort (FRA): +1100
8. Nick Itkin (USA): +1300
9. Maxime Pauty (FRA): +3400
10. Julien Mertine (FRA): +3400
11. Ryan Choi (HKG): +3400
12. Takahiro Shikine (JPN): +3400
13. Carlos Llavador (ESP): +3400
14. Lee Kwang-hyun (KOR): +4400
15. Kirill Borodachev (ROC): +5000
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!