Padres vs Dodgers Prediction, Odds, Moneyline, Spread & Over/Under for August 5
Odds updated as of 11:34 AM
The San Diego Padres are among the MLB squads in action on Saturday, versus the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Before you do any MLB betting on this matchup at FanDuel Sportsbook, here's what you need to know.
Padres vs Dodgers Game Info
- San Diego Padres (54-56) vs. Los Angeles Dodgers (63-45)
- Date: Saturday, August 5, 2023
- Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Venue: PETCO Park -- San Diego, California
- Coverage: Fox Sports 1
Padres vs Dodgers Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: SD: (-142) | LAD: (+120)
- Spread: SD: -1.5 (+140) | LAD: +1.5 (-170)
- Total: 8.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Padres vs Dodgers Probable Starting Pitchers
Probable Pitchers: Blake Snell (Padres) - 8-8, 2.57 ERA vs Emmet Sheehan (Dodgers) - 0-0, 0.00 ERA
The Padres will look to Blake Snell (8-8) versus the Dodgers and Sheehan. When Snell starts, his team is 10-12-0 against the spread this season. Snell's team is 9-8 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline favorite. Sheehan and his team were moneyline underdogs each game he pitched a season ago.
Padres vs Dodgers Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Padres win (60.5%)
Padres vs Dodgers Moneyline
- Looking at the moneyline for Padres-Dodgers, San Diego is the favorite at -142, and Los Angeles is +120 playing on the road.
Padres vs Dodgers Spread
- The Padres are favored by 1.5 runs at home versus the Dodgers. The Padres are +140 to cover the spread, while the Dodgers are -170.
Padres vs Dodgers Over/Under
- A total of 8.5 runs has been set for the Padres-Dodgers game on August 5, with the over available at -110 and the under at -110.
Padres vs Dodgers Betting Trends
- The Padres have come away with 44 wins in the 81 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- This year San Diego has won 36 of 60 games when listed as at least -142 on the moneyline.
- The Padres and their opponents have gone over in 42 of their 107 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- In 107 games with a line this season, the Padres have a mark of 53-54-0 against the spread.
- The Dodgers have compiled a 7-7 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 50% of those games).
- Los Angeles has played as a moneyline underdog of +120 or longer in just two games this season, which it won both.
- The Dodgers have had an over/under set by bookmakers 102 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 60 of those games (60-38-4).
- The Dodgers have a 52-50-0 record against the spread this season (covering 51% of the time).
Padres Player Leaders
- Juan Soto leads San Diego in OBP (.424) and total hits (105) this season. He's batting .276 batting average while slugging .532.
- He is 34th in batting average, first in on-base percentage, and eighth in slugging among qualified hitters in the majors.
- Soto will look for his eighth straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .389 with a double, five home runs, six walks and 11 RBI.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. has 24 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 30 walks. He's batting .266 and slugging .485 with an on-base percentage of .324.
- His batting average is 53rd among qualified players, his on-base percentage 87th, and his slugging percentage 27th.
- Ha-Seong Kim has 100 hits this season and has a slash line of .287/.382/.461.
- Kim has recorded a hit in 10 games in a row. In his last 10 games he is hitting .471 with a double, three home runs, nine walks and seven RBI.
- Manny Machado has 20 home runs, 62 RBI and a batting average of .257 this season.
- Machado takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .238 with three walks.
Dodgers Player Leaders
- Freddie Freeman has accumulated an on-base percentage of .417, a slugging percentage of .595, and has 147 hits, all club-bests for the Dodgers (while batting .340).
- Including all the qualifying players in MLB, his batting average is second, his on-base percentage is fourth, and he is third in slugging.
- Mookie Betts is hitting .284 with 28 doubles, a triple, 29 home runs and 66 walks. He's slugging .575 with an on-base percentage of .387.
- He is currently 18th in batting average, eighth in on-base percentage and fifth in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Will Smith is hitting .275 with 17 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 50 walks.
- Max Muncy has eight doubles, 27 home runs and 61 walks while hitting .193.
Padres vs. Dodgers Head to Head
- 8/4/2023: 10-5 LAD (Favorite: Padres, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8.5, Favorite Moneyline: -130, Underdog Moneyline: +110)
- 9/11/2022: 11-2 LAD (Favorite: Dodgers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8.5, Favorite Moneyline: -132, Underdog Moneyline: +112)
- 5/14/2023: 4-0 LAD (Favorite: Dodgers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 9.5, Favorite Moneyline: -152, Underdog Moneyline: +128)
- 5/13/2023: 4-2 LAD (Favorite: Dodgers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8.5, Favorite Moneyline: -152, Underdog Moneyline: +128)
- 5/12/2023: 4-2 LAD (Favorite: Dodgers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 9, Favorite Moneyline: -138, Underdog Moneyline: +118)
- 5/7/2023: 5-2 LAD (Favorite: Dodgers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8, Favorite Moneyline: -110, Underdog Moneyline: -106)
- 5/6/2023: 2-1 LAD (Favorite: Padres, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8.5, Favorite Moneyline: -126, Underdog Moneyline: +108)
- 5/5/2023: 5-2 SD (Favorite: Dodgers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 7.5, Favorite Moneyline: -118, Underdog Moneyline: -100)
- 9/29/2022: 5-2 LAD (Favorite: Dodgers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8, Favorite Moneyline: -152, Underdog Moneyline: +128)
- 9/28/2022: 1-0 LAD (Favorite: Dodgers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 7.5, Favorite Moneyline: -154, Underdog Moneyline: +130)