Euro 2024 Spain vs. Germany: Picks, Predictions, and Odds

Austan Kas
Austan Kas@AustanKas
Euro 2024 Spain vs. Germany: Picks, Predictions, and Odds

Euro 2024 is rolling along, and the quarterfinal round starts Friday. FanDuel Sportsbook is offering Euro 2024 odds for each game.

On Friday at noon ET, Spain (8th in the FIFA rankings) face off with host Germany (16th).

What should we expect from this matchup?

All Euro 2024 odds come from FanDuel Sportsbook and may change after this article is published.

Euro 2024 Spain vs. Germany: Picks, Predictions, and Odds

Spain vs. Germany Odds

  • Spain to Win: +165
  • Germany to Win: +175
  • Draw: +220
  • Over 2.5 Goal Odds: +100
  • Under 2.5 Goal Odds: -122
  • Spain to Advance: -115
  • Germany to Advance: -105

Spain vs. Germany Analysis

This is a matchup fit for the final. Spain and Germany have been the two best sides in this tournament, and they're meeting up in the quarterfinal round. These two teams have the second- and third-shortest odds to win Euro 2024 -- +390 for Spain and +440 for Germany. The winner of this clash might jump England (+350) -- who is benefitting from a much easier side of the bracket -- for tourney favorite status.

Germany, the hosts, got here via a 2-0 Round-of-16 victory over Denmark. By expected goals (xG), per FBRef's model, Germany won that match 2.7-1.0.

In the group phase, Germany amassed eight goals and conceded just two en route to a pair of wins and a draw. They've tallied at least 1.4 xG in all four of their Euro 2024 matches.

Spain have four wins from four matches and have looked like the most impressive squad in the tourney. They've netted nine goals and conceded only once.

They've racked up an eye-popping 8.8 xG through four matches and notched a 4-1 win over Georgia -- 3.3-0.2 on xG -- in the Round of 16 to get to this point.

Spain vs. Germany Prediction

Opta's model gives Spain a 38.0% chance to win while projecting Germany's win odds at 34.2%. A draw is 27.8% likely.

MasseyRatings leans a little more toward Spain, handing Spain a 41% chance to win and placing Germany's win odds at 31%.

The Euro 2024 odds at FanDuel Sportsbook see this as a pretty even affair. Spain is an ever-so-slight favorite at a +165 moneyline -- a number that implies win odds of 37.7%, right in line with Opta.

Looking for more soccer betting opportunities? Head over to FanDuel Sportsbook to check out all of the soccer odds.

Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook and FanDuel Daily Fantasy today!

The above author is a FanDuel employee and is not eligible to compete in public daily fantasy contests or place sports betting wagers on FanDuel. The advice provided by the author does not necessarily represent the views of FanDuel. Taking the author's advice will not guarantee a successful outcome. You should use your own judgment when participating in daily fantasy contests or placing sports wagers.