Soccer

Euro 2024 Slovakia vs. Romania: Picks, Predictions, and Odds

Austan Kas
Austan Kas@AustanKas
Euro 2024 Slovakia vs. Romania: Picks, Predictions, and Odds

Euro 2024 is underway, and the tournament is starting to take shape. FanDuel Sportsbook is offering Euro 2024 odds for each game.

On Wednesday, June 26th, Slovakia (45th in the FIFA rankings) face off with Romania (47th).

What should we expect from this matchup?

All Euro 2024 odds come from FanDuel Sportsbook and may change after this article is published.

Euro 2024 Slovakia vs. Romania: Picks, Predictions, and Odds

Slovakia vs. Romania Odds

  • Slovakia to Win: +220
  • Romania to Win: +300
  • Draw: +100
  • Over 2.5 Goal Odds: +225
  • Under 2.5 Goal Odds: -310

Slovakia vs. Romania Analysis

Slovakia and Romania enter this clash with three points apiece and with their sights set on advancing to the Round of 16.

Romania knocked off Ukraine by a 3-0 score in its opening match before suffering a 2-0 loss to Belgium. Looking at their performances through expected goals (xG) data from FBRef's xG model, Romania have scored 2.0 xG so far while allowing 2.4 xG.

Slovakia upset Belgium 1-0 and fell to Ukraine 2-1. They were very lucky against Belgium, losing that match 1.6-0.6 on xG. They mustered only 0.8 xG against Ukraine while permitting 1.5.

Slovakia vs. Romania Prediction

Opta's model sees a draw as the most likely outcome, giving the match a 40.1% chance to end in a tie. Opta hands Slovakia win odds of 37.5%, compared to Romania's win odds of 22.4%.

MasseyRatings have Slovakia's win odds at 43% and Romania's at 28%.

Going by those models, the Euro 2024 odds at FanDuel Sportsbook are undervaluing Slovakia. Slovakia's +220 moneyline implies win odds of 31.2% -- lower than what either model has.


Looking for more soccer betting opportunities? Head over to FanDuel Sportsbook to check out all of the soccer odds.

Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook and FanDuel Daily Fantasy today!


The above author is a FanDuel employee and is not eligible to compete in public daily fantasy contests or place sports betting wagers on FanDuel. The advice provided by the author does not necessarily represent the views of FanDuel. Taking the author's advice will not guarantee a successful outcome. You should use your own judgment when participating in daily fantasy contests or placing sports wagers.