Euro 2024 France vs. Belgium: Picks, Predictions, and Odds

Austan Kas
Austan Kas@AustanKas
Euro 2024 France vs. Belgium: Picks, Predictions, and Odds

Euro 2024 is into the knockout rounds, and FanDuel Sportsbook is offering Euro 2024 odds for each game.

On Monday, July 1st, France (second in the FIFA rankings) go up against Belgium (third) at noon ET in the Round of 16.

What should we expect from this matchup?

All Euro 2024 odds come from FanDuel Sportsbook and may change after this article is published.

Euro 2024 France vs. Belgium: Picks, Predictions, and Odds

France vs. Belgium Odds

  • France to Win: -110
  • Belgium to Win: +390
  • Draw: +210
  • France to Advance: -250
  • Belgium to Advance: +198
  • Over 2.5 Goal Odds: +134
  • Under 2.5 Goal Odds: -164

France vs. Belgium Analysis

This is the headline clash of the Round of 16. Both of these teams boast high-end talent, and one of Kylian Mbappe or Kevin De Bruyne is going home early.

Going by the results, France have underwhelmed thus far, getting one win (Austria) and two draws (the Netherlands and Poland) in route to a surprising second-place finish in Group D. They have yet to score from open play, either, with France's two goals coming via an own goal and a penalty.

The expected goals (xG) data -- per FBRef's xG model -- tells a different story.

In their three group matches, France totaled 5.7 xG while surrendering just 2.4 xG. They've mostly been good, and they're still one of the tourney favorites, listed at +550 odds to win Euro 2024, the third-shortest odds -- and that's despite landing on the tougher side of the Euro 2024 bracket.

Belgium bounced back from an opening-match defeat against Slovakia (2-1) with a win against Romania (2-0) and draw with Ukraine (0-0) to get to the Round of 16.

Similar to France, the results don't paint an accurate picture of how well Belgium have been playing. In the 2-1 loss to Slovakia, Belgium actually won the xG battle 1.6-0.6. Through three matches, Belgium have created 4.2 xG and conceded 2.3 xG.

France vs. Belgium Prediction

Opta's model gives France a 49.6% chance to win and also rates a draw (27.8%) as slightly more likely than a Belgium victory (22.6%).

MasseyRatings sees it more level, projecting France's win odds at 40% and Belgium's at 29%.

The Euro 2024 odds at FanDuel Sportsbook fall more in line with Opta, putting France's moneyline at -110, which implies win odds of 52.4%.

Looking for more soccer betting opportunities? Head over to FanDuel Sportsbook to check out all of the soccer odds.

Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook and FanDuel Daily Fantasy today!

The above author is a FanDuel employee and is not eligible to compete in public daily fantasy contests or place sports betting wagers on FanDuel. The advice provided by the author does not necessarily represent the views of FanDuel. Taking the author's advice will not guarantee a successful outcome. You should use your own judgment when participating in daily fantasy contests or placing sports wagers.