Euro 2024 England vs. Slovakia: Picks, Predictions, and Odds

Austan Kas
Austan Kas@AustanKas

Euro 2024 is into the knockout rounds, and FanDuel Sportsbook is offering Euro 2024 odds for each game.

On Sunday, June 30th, England (5th in the FIFA rankings) face Slovakia (45th) at noon ET in the Round of 16.

What should we expect from this matchup?

All Euro 2024 odds come from FanDuel Sportsbook and may change after this article is published.

Euro 2024 England vs. Slovakia: Picks, Predictions, and Odds

England vs. Slovakia Odds

  • England to Win: -260
  • Slovakia to Win: +900
  • Draw: +330
  • England to Advance: -700
  • Slovakia to Advance: +470
  • Over 2.5 Goal Odds: +112
  • Under 2.5 Goal Odds: -138

England vs. Slovakia Analysis

England have been one of the more underwhelming teams in Euro 2024. Despite a plethora of attacking talent, England mustered just two goals in group play and ended with five points via a win (Serbia) and two draws (Slovenia and Denmark)

The Three Lions' expected goals (xG) data -- per FBRef's model -- doesn't look good, especially in attack as they've generated only 2.2 xG. They've thrived on defense, however, permitting just 1.1 xG.

Despite the meh attacking performances, England are the current tourney favorite thanks to landing on the easier side of the Euro 2024 bracket, with FanDuel Sportsbook listing England at +350 odds to win Euro 2024.

Slovakia emerged from a crazy Group E, where all four teams ended on four points. Slovakia started their tourney with an upset win over Belgium by a 1-0 score. After losing to Ukraine (2-1), they closed out group play with a draw against Romania (1-1).

Going by xG, Slovakia has been pretty lucky. Through three matches, they've allowed 4.2 xG and scored only 2.4 xG. Their -1.8 xG differential is the second-worst mark among teams in the Round of 16.

England vs. Slovakia Prediction

Opta's model projects England to win 65.1% of the time, with a draw at 20.4% likely and Slovakia's win odds at 14.5%.

MasseyRatings isn't as bullish on England. Its model hands the Three Lions a 53% chance to win, compared to 20% win odds for Slovakia.

The Euro 2024 odds at FanDuel Sportsbook have England as an overwhelming favorite, listing them at -260 to win in regulation. That -260 moneyline implies win odds of 72.2% -- well above what either of the aforementioned models has.

Looking for more soccer betting opportunities? Head over to FanDuel Sportsbook to check out all of the soccer odds.

Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook and FanDuel Daily Fantasy today!

The above author is a FanDuel employee and is not eligible to compete in public daily fantasy contests or place sports betting wagers on FanDuel. The advice provided by the author does not necessarily represent the views of FanDuel. Taking the author's advice will not guarantee a successful outcome. You should use your own judgment when participating in daily fantasy contests or placing sports wagers.