Dodgers vs Padres Prediction, Odds, Moneyline, Spread & Over/Under for August 6
Odds updated as of 3:39 AM
The Sunday schedule in the MLB includes a matchup between the Los Angeles Dodgers and the San Diego Padres.
Before you do any MLB betting on this matchup at FanDuel Sportsbook, here's what you need to know.
Dodgers vs Padres Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers (63-46) vs. San Diego Padres (55-56)
- Date: Sunday, August 6, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Venue: PETCO Park -- San Diego, California
- Coverage: ESPN
Dodgers vs Padres Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: LAD: (-120) | SD: (+102)
- Spread: LAD: -1.5 (+128) | SD: +1.5 (-154)
- Total: 9.5 -- Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
Dodgers vs Padres Probable Starting Pitchers
Probable Pitchers: Lance Lynn (Dodgers) - 7-9, 6.32 ERA vs Rich Hill (Padres) - 7-10, 4.84 ERA
The Dodgers will give the ball to Lance Lynn (7-9, 6.32 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 8 on the season, and the Padres will turn to Hill (7-10, 4.84 ERA). Lynn's team is 9-13-0 against the spread in his starts this season. Lynn's team is 3-3 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline favorite. The Padres are 9-13-0 ATS in Hill's 22 starts that had a set spread. The Padres have been the moneyline underdog in 17 of Hill's starts this season, and they went 7-10 in those games.
Dodgers vs Padres Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Padres win (52%)
Dodgers vs Padres Moneyline
- Looking at the moneyline for Padres-Dodgers, San Diego is the underdog at +102, and Los Angeles is -120 playing on the road.
Dodgers vs Padres Spread
- The Dodgers are at the Padres and are favored by 1.5 runs (+128 to cover) on the runline. San Diego is -154 to cover.
Dodgers vs Padres Over/Under
- Dodgers versus Padres, on August 6, has an over/under of 9.5, with the over being -105 and the under -115.
Dodgers vs Padres Betting Trends
- The Dodgers have been favorites in 86 games this season and have come away with the win 50 times (58.1%) in those contests.
- Los Angeles has a record of 46-32 in contests when bookmakers favor them by -120 or more on the moneyline.
- The Dodgers and their opponents have gone over in 61 of their 103 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Dodgers are 52-51-0 against the spread in their 103 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Padres have won 10 of the 25 games they were the moneyline underdog this season (40%).
- In games it has played as a moneyline underdog with odds of +102 or longer, San Diego has a 5-12 record (winning only 29.4% of its games).
- The Padres have played in 108 games with a set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 43 times (43-58-7).
- The Padres have a 54-54-0 record ATS this season (covering 50% of the time).
Dodgers Player Leaders
- Freddie Freeman has 148 hits and an OBP of .416 to go with a slugging percentage of .592. All three of those stats are best among Los Angeles hitters this season. He has a .339 batting average, as well.
- Among all qualifying batters, he is third in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks fourth, and he is third in slugging.
- Mookie Betts has 29 doubles, a triple, 29 home runs and 66 walks. He's batting .286 and slugging .576 with an on-base percentage of .388.
- He is 15th in batting average, eighth in on-base percentage and fifth in slugging in MLB.
- Betts enters this matchup looking to extend his 12-game hit streak. During his last 10 outings he is batting .359 with five doubles, two home runs, six walks and three RBI.
- Will Smith is batting .276 with a .474 slugging percentage and 56 RBI this year.
- Smith has recorded at least one base hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .238 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- Max Muncy has been key for Los Angeles with 60 hits, an OBP of .332 plus a slugging percentage of .479.
Padres Player Leaders
- Juan Soto has totaled 107 hits with a .424 on-base percentage and a .531 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Padres. He's batting .279.
- Including all qualifying players in MLB, he is 27th in batting average, first in on-base percentage and eighth in slugging percentage.
- Soto enters this game on an eight-game hitting streak. During his last 10 games he is batting .432 with a double, five home runs, five walks and 12 RBI.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. is batting .264 with 24 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 31 walks. He's slugging .482 with an on-base percentage of .323.
- Including all qualified hitters, he ranks 57th in batting average, 91st in on-base percentage and 31st in slugging percentage.
- Ha-Seong Kim has 16 doubles, 15 home runs and 54 walks while hitting .286.
- Manny Machado is hitting .259 with 14 doubles, 21 home runs and 33 walks.
Dodgers vs. Padres Head to Head
- 8/5/2023: 8-3 SD (Favorite: Padres, Spread: -1.5, Total: 9, Favorite Moneyline: -164, Underdog Moneyline: +138)
- 8/4/2023: 10-5 LAD (Favorite: Padres, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8.5, Favorite Moneyline: -130, Underdog Moneyline: +110)
- 9/11/2022: 11-2 LAD (Favorite: Dodgers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8.5, Favorite Moneyline: -132, Underdog Moneyline: +112)
- 5/14/2023: 4-0 LAD (Favorite: Dodgers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 9.5, Favorite Moneyline: -152, Underdog Moneyline: +128)
- 5/13/2023: 4-2 LAD (Favorite: Dodgers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8.5, Favorite Moneyline: -152, Underdog Moneyline: +128)
- 5/12/2023: 4-2 LAD (Favorite: Dodgers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 9, Favorite Moneyline: -138, Underdog Moneyline: +118)
- 5/7/2023: 5-2 LAD (Favorite: Dodgers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8, Favorite Moneyline: -110, Underdog Moneyline: -106)
- 5/6/2023: 2-1 LAD (Favorite: Padres, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8.5, Favorite Moneyline: -126, Underdog Moneyline: +108)
- 9/29/2022: 5-2 LAD (Favorite: Dodgers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8, Favorite Moneyline: -152, Underdog Moneyline: +128)
- 9/28/2022: 1-0 LAD (Favorite: Dodgers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 7.5, Favorite Moneyline: -154, Underdog Moneyline: +130)