Brewers vs Pirates Prediction, Odds, Moneyline, Spread & Over/Under for August 6
Odds updated as of 3:38 AM
On Sunday in the MLB, the Milwaukee Brewers are playing the Pittsburgh Pirates.
All the information you need to make smart wagers on this matchup at FanDuel Sportsbook can be found below. Check out all of the latest MLB betting lines here.
Brewers vs Pirates Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers (60-52) vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (49-61)
- Date: Sunday, August 6, 2023
- Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Venue: American Family Field -- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Coverage: BSWI
Brewers vs Pirates Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MIL: (-200) | PIT: (+168)
- Spread: MIL: -1.5 (+105) | PIT: +1.5 (-126)
- Total: 8 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Brewers vs Pirates Probable Starting Pitchers
Probable Pitchers: Brandon Woodruff (Brewers) - 1-0, 0.79 ERA vs Johan Oviedo (Pirates) - 5-11, 4.42 ERA
The probable starters are Brandon Woodruff (1-0) for the Brewers and Oviedo (5-11) for the Pirates. Woodruff has a record of 2-0-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season. Woodruff's team is 2-0 this season when he starts and they're favored on the moneyline. When Oviedo starts, the Pirates are 8-12-0 against the spread. The Pirates have a 4-12 record in Oviedo's 16 starts this season when they were the moneyline underdog.
Brewers vs Pirates Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Brewers win (56%)
Brewers vs Pirates Moneyline
- The moneyline numbers for Brewers vs. Pirates reveal Milwaukee as the favorite (-200) and Pittsburgh as the underdog (+168) on the road.
Brewers vs Pirates Spread
- The Pirates are at the Brewers, and are +1.5 on the runline. The Pirates are +105 to cover the spread, and the Brewers are -126.
Brewers vs Pirates Over/Under
- Brewers versus Pirates, on August 6, has an over/under of 8, with the over being -115 and the under -105.
Brewers vs Pirates Betting Trends
- The Brewers have been favorites in 58 games this season and have come away with the win 33 times (56.9%) in those contests.
- This season Milwaukee has been victorious three times in seven chances when named as a favorite of at least -200 on the moneyline.
- The Brewers' games have gone over the total in 47 of their 112 opportunities.
- The Brewers are 54-58-0 against the spread in their 112 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Pirates have been the moneyline underdog 84 total times this season. They've finished 35-49 in those games.
- Pittsburgh has gone 5-7 in games it has played as a moneyline underdog with odds of +168 or longer (41.7%).
- The Pirates have had an over/under set by bookmakers 106 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 52 of those games (52-49-5).
- The Pirates are 52-54-0 ATS this season.
Brewers Player Leaders
- Christian Yelich leads Milwaukee with 120 hits and an OBP of .374, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .481. He's batting .290.
- Among qualified batters in baseball, his batting average ranks 13th, his on-base percentage ranks 17th, and he is 33rd in slugging.
- Carlos Santana has 25 doubles, 14 home runs and 47 walks. He's batting .230 and slugging .407 with an on-base percentage of .313.
- His batting average ranks 125th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 104th, and his slugging percentage 99th.
- Santana has picked up at least one hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .182 with a home run and two RBI.
- William Contreras has 95 hits this season and has a slash line of .273/.344/.443.
- Willy Adames has 17 home runs, 48 RBI and a batting average of .203 this season.
Pirates Player Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds has put up a team-high .444 slugging percentage. He's batting .265 with an on-base percentage of .327.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, he is 54th in batting average, 80th in on-base percentage and 63rd in slugging percentage.
- Andrew McCutchen has a .381 OBP to lead his team. He has a batting average of .260 while slugging .399.
- He ranks 68th in batting average, 11th in on-base percentage and 102nd in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Jack Suwinski has racked up 64 hits, a team-best for the Pirates.
- Ke'Bryan Hayes has 16 doubles, five triples, five home runs and 16 walks while batting .246.
Brewers vs. Pirates Head to Head
- 8/5/2023: 3-2 MIL (Favorite: Brewers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8, Favorite Moneyline: -270, Underdog Moneyline: +220)
- 8/4/2023: 8-4 PIT (Favorite: Brewers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 9, Favorite Moneyline: -200, Underdog Moneyline: +168)
- 8/3/2023: 14-1 MIL (Favorite: Brewers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8.5, Favorite Moneyline: -132, Underdog Moneyline: +112)
- 7/2/2023: 6-3 MIL (Favorite: Pirates, Spread: -1.5, Total: 9, Favorite Moneyline: -116, Underdog Moneyline: -102)
- 6/18/2023: 5-2 MIL (Favorite: Brewers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8.5, Favorite Moneyline: -178, Underdog Moneyline: +150)
- 6/17/2023: 5-0 MIL (Favorite: Pirates, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8.5, Favorite Moneyline: -116, Underdog Moneyline: -102)
- 6/16/2023: 5-4 MIL (Favorite: Brewers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8.5, Favorite Moneyline: -118, Underdog Moneyline: -100)
- 7/1/2023: 11-8 MIL (Favorite: Brewers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8, Favorite Moneyline: -136, Underdog Moneyline: +116)
- 6/30/2023: 8-7 PIT (Favorite: Brewers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 8.5, Favorite Moneyline: -134, Underdog Moneyline: +114)
- 8/4/2022: 5-4 PIT (Favorite: Brewers, Spread: -1.5, Total: 7.5, Favorite Moneyline: -270, Underdog Moneyline: +220)