Youngstown State vs Oakland Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 27 (Penguins Complete Season Sweep at Home)
Youngstown State vs Oakland Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Youngstown State (15-6, 7-3 Horizon) vs. Oakland (9-12, 7-3 Horizon)
- Date: Friday, January 27, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Beeghly Center -- Youngstown, Ohio
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Friday with an exciting matchup between the Oakland Golden Grizzlies and Youngstown State Penguins. Oakland is coming off a 76-67 win over Detroit Mercy on Monday where senior Jalen Moore shined with 33 points, 7 assists and 5 rebounds.
Meanwhile, Youngstown State couldn't keep up in an 88-75 loss to Milwaukee its last time out on Saturday. Senior Malek Green led the offense with a great double-double (17 points & 11 rebounds). The Penguins struggled on defense and allowed the Panthers to shoot 54.0% from the floor, though.
Youngstown State vs Oakland Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: YSU: (-430) | OAK: (+330)
- Spread: YSU: -9.5 (-104) | OAK: +9.5 (-115)
- Total: 150.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Youngstown State enters this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 150.5 points, which is above average compared to Friday's projected totals.
Youngstown State vs Oakland Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Youngstown State is 13-6-0 this year.
- The Penguins are unbeaten ATS (2-0) as a 10.5-point favorite or greater this year.
- Out of 19 Youngstown State's games so far this season, 15 have gone over the total.
- Against the spread, Oakland is 7-13-0 this season.
- The Golden Grizzlies have won once ATS (1-3) as a 10.5-point underdog or greater this year.
- There have been 11 Oakland games (out of 20) that hit the over this season.
|Youngstown State Rank||Youngstown State AVG||Oakland AVG||Oakland Rank|
Youngstown State vs Oakland Prediction & Pick
It's important to avoid recency bias in this situation. Oakland may have earned an upset road win on Monday, but it still owns a 9-12 record allows the third-most points per game in the Horizon League (76.0). The Golden Grizzlies also rank 336th in the country when it comes to defensive efficiency.
A matchup against the best offenses in the conference is up next for Oakland. Youngstown State leads the Horizon League in points per game (84.5) and ranks second in shooting percentage (49.7%). The Penguins roster four different players averaging over 11.5 points per game this year.
Youngstown State has won eight of its last 10 home games, so side with the Penguins on Friday.
Final Score Prediction: Youngstown State: 83 | Oakland: 69
Youngstown State vs Oakland Best Bet
Keep in mind these two teams have already met this season as Youngstown State went on the road and defeated Oakland by a score of 85-69 in early January. It was a dominant performance and one that should follow into this game as well. Head coach Jerrod Calhoun's team is going to be hyped.
The Golden Grizzlies are 1-3 against the spread (ATS) in their last four games overall ad 1-6 ATS in their last seven games on a Friday. On the other side, the Penguins are 5-1 ATS in their last six games overall and have already tallied 13 victories by a double-digit margin this year. The choice is clear.
Bet: Youngstown State Penguins -9.5 (-104)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.