Yale vs Princeton Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 12 Ivy League Championship (Trust Bulldogs' Offense)
Yale vs Princeton Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Ivy League Tournament Championship
- Yale (21-7, 10-4 Ivy League) vs. Princeton (20-8, 10-4 Ivy League)
- Date: Sunday, March 12, 2023
- Time: 12:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Jadwin Gymnasium -- Princeton, New Jersey
- Coverage: ESPN2
A spot in the NCAA Tournament is up for grabs when the Princeton Tigers face the Yale Bulldogs in the Ivy League Championship on Sunday. The programs have combined for three of the last four conference titles, with this showdown acting as a rematch from the 2022 championship contest.
Princeton is coming off a 77-70 win over Penn in the semifinals and has now won four of its last five games. Meanwhile, Yale took down Cornell by a score of 80-60 in the semifinals to earn its fourth straight victory.
Which Ivy League squad will earn an automatic bid in March Madness with a win? Let's take a look.
Yale vs Princeton Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: YALE: (-156) | PRINCE: (+130)
- Spread: YALE: -3.5 (-105) | PRINCE: +3.5 (-115)
- Total: 139.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Yale enters this contest as a small favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 12 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 139.5 points, which is about average compared to Sunday's projected totals.
Yale vs Princeton Betting Trends
- Yale has 18 wins in 26 games against the spread this season.
- The Bulldogs have an ATS record of 13-6 as 2.5-point favorites or greater.
- This year, nine of Yale's 26 games have gone over the point total.
- Princeton's record against the spread is 14-12-0.
- The Tigers have two wins ATS (2-1) as a 2.5-point underdog or greater this year.
- This year, 15 of Princeton's 26 games have hit the over.
|Yale Rank||Yale AVG||Princeton AVG||Princeton Rank|
Yale vs Princeton Prediction & Pick
There's no denying that Yale is a powerhouse in the Ivy League. The Bulldogs have won each of the last two conference titles and finished first in the 2022-23 regular season with a 10-4 conference record (21-7 overall). They have also posted a +10.8 average scoring margin on the year (No. 14 in NCAA).
Princeton has been great as well, but the Tigers fell short in both matchups against the Bulldogs this season. Yale defeated Princeton by scores of 87-65 and 93-83. The Bulldogs rank among the top 50 teams in offensive as well as defensive efficiency, and that balance should guide them to a victory.
Yale has won 10 of its last 11 games against Princeton, so back the Bulldogs on Sunday afternoon.
Final Score Prediction: Yale: 75 | Princeton: 69
Yale vs Princeton Best Bet
The Bulldogs balled out in both their games against the Tigers this year, shooting a respectable 50.0% from the floor (63-of-126) and 53.8% from three-point range (21-of-39). Yale has been finding offensive success as of late as well, averaging 82.7 points over its last five contests.
On the other side, Princeton is allowing an average of 76.3 points over its last 10 games. The Tigers have allowed 8.7 offensive rebounds over its last three games, too, which is providing opponents with crucial second-chance scoring opportunities. Trust Yale to drain enough baskets to cash the over.
Bet: Yale Bulldogs Over 71.5 Points (-106)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.