Xavier vs Providence Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 1 (Elite Offenses Meet in Big East Battle)
Xavier vs Providence Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 16 Xavier (17-5, 9-2 Big East) vs. No. 17 Providence (17-5, 9-2 Big East)
- Date: Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- Time: 6:30 PM ET
- Venue: Cintas Center -- Cincinnati, Ohio
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Wednesday with an exciting matchup between the No. 17 Providence Friars and No. 16 Xavier Musketeers. Providence is coming off its third straight conference win in a 70-65 road victory over Villanova. Jared Bynum dropped 19 points off the bench.
Meanwhile, Xavier was on the wrong end of a blowout during its most recent game as it lost to Creighton by a score of 84-67. The Musketeers drained only four shots from beyond the arc and allowed the Bluejays to shoot 56.7% from the floor. Which Big East squad will win on Wednesday?
Xavier vs Providence Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: XAVIER: (-176) | PROV: (+146)
- Spread: XAVIER: -3.5 (-110) | PROV: +3.5 (-110)
- Total: 153.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Xavier enters this contest as small home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 6:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 153.5 points, which is above average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
Xavier vs Providence Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Xavier is 12-10-0 this season.
- As 2.5-point favorites or more, the Musketeers are 6-7 against the spread.
- Xavier has played 22 games this season, and 15 of them have hit the over.
- Providence has 15 wins in 22 games against the spread this year.
- Against the spread as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Friars are 5-3.
- Providence has played 22 games this season, and 11 of them have hit the over.
|Xavier Rank||Xavier AVG||Providence AVG||Providence Rank|
Xavier vs Providence Prediction & Pick
Another college basketball slate means another intense battle in the Big East conference. This one will be for first place in the conference and Xavier should be hyped with the home fans in attendance. After all, the Musketeers have posted a reliable +12.6 average scoring margin at the Cintas Center.
The biggest advantage Xavier has entering this showdown is its size. Its two best inside forces are Ryan Nunge (7-foot-1) and Zach Freemantle (6-foot-9), while Providence counters with Ed Croswell (6-foot-8) among a slew of guards. The Musketeers should control the boards with relative ease.
Xavier is riding an impressive eight-game home winning streak, so rock with the Musketeers here.
Final Score Prediction: Xavier: 81 | Providence: 77
Xavier vs Providence Best Bet
This game is too close to call, which makes shifting gears to the point total a smart move. Xavier is the fifth-highest scoring team in the country (83.2 points per game) and shoots a reliable 51.1% from the floor at home. The Musketeers are going to score no matter what defense is on the other side.
The Friars are no slouch, either, averaging 78.4 points per game (No. 28 in NCAA). Overall, the total has hit the over in 14 of Xaviers' last 20 games overall as well as in five of its last six games on a Wednesday. The over has also cashed in four of the last five matchups between these Big East foes.
Bet: Over 153.5 Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.