Xavier vs Marquette Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 12 Xavier (14-3, 6-0 Big East) vs. No. 25 Marquette (14-4, 6-1 Big East)
- Date: Sunday, January 15, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Venue: Cintas Center -- Cincinnati, Ohio
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Sunday with an exciting matchup between the No. 25 Marquette Golden Eagles and No. 12 Xavier Musketeers. Marquette is coming off a thrilling 82-76 win over UConn on Wednesday. Oso Ighodaro scored a team-high 19 points on 7-of-16 shooting.
Meanwhile, Xavier remains undefeated in Big East play thanks to a 90-87 win over Creighton on Wednesday. The Musketeers were led by Souley Boum, who racked up 26 points (9-of-18 shooting), 8 assists and 5 rebounds. Jack Nunge chipped in with a solid double-double (15 points & 12 rebounds).
Xavier vs Marquette Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: XAVIER: (-166) | MARQ: (+138)
- Spread: XAVIER: -3.5 (-110) | MARQ: +3.5 (-110)
- Total: 162.5 -- Over: (-114) | Under: (-106)
Xavier enters this contest as slight home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 12 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 162.5 points, which is above average compared to Sunday's projected totals.
Xavier vs Marquette Betting Trends
- Xavier has 10 wins in 17 games against the spread this season.
- The Musketeers have an ATS record of 3-5 as 3.5-point favorites or greater.
- Xavier has seen 13 of its 17 games go over the point total.
- Marquette has 13 wins in 18 games against the spread this year.
- The Golden Eagles have covered every time (3-0) as a 3.5-point underdog or more this year.
- There have been 11 Marquette games (out of 18) that hit the over this year.
|Xavier Rank||Xavier AVG||Marquette AVG||Marquette Rank|
Xavier vs Marquette Prediction & Pick
Big East fans know how much of a grind this game will be. Marquette comes to town on a five-game winning streak and is averaging 83.1 points per game (No. 2 in Big East). Xavier enters on a 10-game winning streak and is averaging 84.4 points per game (No. 1 in Big East). Talk about evenly matched.
The Musketeers have the edge in one key area, though. Xavier is shooting 40.9% from three-point range this year, which is the second-best mark in the country. Marquette is shooting just 35.3% from beyond the arc (T-No. 105 in NCAA), while its opponents are shooting 34.4% (T-No. 218 in NCAA).
Xavier also owns an average scoring margin of +13.4 at home, so give me the Musketeers on Sunday.
Final Score Prediction: Xavier: 86 | Marquette: 80
Xavier vs Marquette Best Bet
Everything about this game screams shootout. Xavier and Marquette each average over 83.0 points per game and shoot over 50.0% from the floor. Not only that, but the Musketeers and Golden Eagles each rank among the top 60 teams in field goals attempted per game. This is a fast-paced matchup.
The total has hit the over in five of Marquette's last six games as well as in 17 of Xavier's last 20 games. The over has also cashed in eight of the Musketeers' 10 home games this season. The court will be filled with efficient scorers on Sunday, so sit back and root for points at the Cintas Center.
Bet: Over 162.5 Points (-114)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.