Xavier vs Butler Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 10 (Musketeers Outpace Lethargic Bulldogs)
Xavier vs Butler Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 13 Xavier (19-5, 11-2 Big East) vs. Butler (12-13, 4-10 Big East)
- Date: Friday, February 10, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Hinkle Fieldhouse -- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Coverage: Fox Sports 1
Friday, Feb. 10's NCAA college basketball schedule includes some Big East action as the No. 13 Xavier Musketeers are set to go one-on-one with the rival Butler Bulldogs.
Xavier improved to 4-1 in its last five games with Saturday's 96-71 victory over St. John's. Meanwhile, Butler also defeated St. John's in its last outing (a 68-66 win on Tuesday), putting an end to the Bulldogs' five-game losing streak in the process.
Can Xavier win its 20th game of the season tonight? Or will Butler find a way to send the Hinkle Fieldhouse crowd home happy?
Xavier vs Butler Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: XAVIER: (-300) | BUTLER: (+240)
- Spread: XAVIER: -7.5 (-102) | BUTLER: +7.5 (-120)
- Total: 145.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Xavier enters this contest as the clear road favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 145.5 points with -110 odds on both sides.
Xavier vs Butler Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Xavier is 13-11-0 this season.
- As 6.5-point favorites or more, the Musketeers are 4-6 against the spread.
- Out of 24 Xavier's games so far this season, 17 have hit the over.
- Butler has beaten the spread 11 times in 25 games.
- As a 6.5-point underdog or more, the Bulldogs have one win ATS (1-6) this year.
- This year, nine of Butler's 25 games have hit the over.
|Xavier Rank||Xavier AVG||Butler AVG||Butler Rank|
Xavier vs Butler Prediction & Pick
Butler has already proven this season that it cannot handle top-25 opponents. The Bulldogs enter this matchup with an 0-5 record against ranked teams this season, losing those contests by an average of 21.4 points. Their offense tends to disappear against ranked opponents as well, proven by their 51.4 PPG clip in the five games.
While Xavier's defense is far from elite, its offense shouldn't have an issue outpacing Butler. The Musketeers average 83.8 PPG (No. 3) while shooting 50.2% from the field (No. 3) and 40.4% from the three-point line. They've also scored at least 82 points in four of the last five games — a number that the Bulldogs haven't hit since Dec. 10.
With Xavier being 11-2 against Big East schools while Butler owns a lowly 4-10 conference record, I'm even more convinced that the Musketeers will keep the momentum rolling tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Xavier: 83 | Butler: 68
Xavier vs Butler Best Bet
For the best bet, I'm looking at Xavier to cover as the -7.5 favorite. Even though the Musketeers are 2-4 ATS in their last six games, they've been solid in conference matchups on the road (4-2 ATS). They've also covered the spread in four of their last five trips to Hinkle Fieldhouse, winning by an average of 14 points in their last two visits.
Considering how Butler is 3-6 ATS in its last nine games and 2-4-1 ATS at home against Big East schools this season, I see Xavier winning by a decent margin.
Bet: Xavier -7.5 (-102)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.