Wizards vs. Knicks Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 24 (Will New York Taste Victory in DC Again?)
Wizards vs. Knicks Game Info
- Date: Friday, February 24, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Capital One Arena -- Washington D.C.
- Coverage: NBCS-DC and MSG
The New York Knicks (33-27) look to extend their winning streak to four games when they visit the Washington Wizards (28-30) for some NBA action on Friday, Feb. 24. This showdown is also both team's first since the NBA All-Star Break.
The Knicks picked up a 122-101 win over the Atlanta Hawks the last time they were in action on Feb. 15. Meanwhile, the Wizards were buzzing before the break. Their 114-106 victory against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Feb. 16 marked their fourth victory in their last five tries.
So, which team will taste success in their first game after the break?
Wizards vs. Knicks Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: NYK: (-130) | WSH: (+110)
- Spread: NYK: -2 (-110) | WSH: +2 (-110)
- Total: 225 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Knicks enter this contest as slim road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 225 points with -110 odds on both sides.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Wizards vs. Knicks Betting Trends
- The Wizards have covered the spread 27 times this season (27-27-1).
- This season, the Knicks have an ATS record of 13-8-1 in their 22 games as an underdog of 2.5 points or more.
- This season, Wizards games have hit the over 24 times out of 56 chances.
- The Knicks have hit the over 53.6% of the time this season (30 of 56 games with a set point total).
- Washington owns a worse record against the spread at home (10-13-1) than it does in road games (17-14-0).
- In 2022-23 against the spread, New York has a lower winning percentage at home (.414, 12-16-1 record) than on the road (.667, 18-9-0).
Wizards vs. Knicks Prediction & Pick
There's a decent chance that the Wizards could be without star player Bradley Beal tonight. The veteran sharpshooter is questionable with a knee injury that's kept him out of practice. His absence would certainly be detrimental considering that the Wizards are 4-13 in the last 17 games he's missed this season.
The Knicks aren't perfect, but they've won seven of their last 11 road games. Their offense is also rolling, averaging 124.0 PPG on .487/.363/.756 splits over the last three outings. While the Wizards' offense has also been solid lately, it's tough to imagine that continuing if Beal is out — especially since he's scored 32-plus points in three of his last five games.
With New York motivated to win to improve its playoff spot, back the Knicks getting the job done on the road.
Final Score Prediction: Knicks: 114 | Wizards: 110
Wizards vs. Knicks Best Bet
Don't expect a large amount of offense from the Wizards and Knicks tonight. After all, the under is 12-5 in their last 17 meetings. A total of 225 points might not seem like a lot, but it's a number that Washington and New York have failed to surpass in each of their last four clashes, averaging just 211 points over that span.
After their first two meetings this season were heavy on defense, expect another low-scoring contest tonight.
Bet: Under 225 Points (-110)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.